Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Ive no idea if its the same Hannah.

The RSPCA can act but don't. If they receive a complaint regarding a licensed kennel, they forward the complaint on to the GBGB to deal with - as they did in the Blanchard case.

There has never been a licensed trainer prosecuted in a criminal court under the AWA - they have always been dealt with internally under the Rules of Racing and leniently!
Then one can only assume that the "cruelty" is over exaggerated, as Im sure the RSPCA would be the first to get theis dreadful sport banned if they thought there was cause.

PETA - very sad indeed but as I have said, PETA dont purposely breed these animals with the intention of detroying them if they are deemed 'surplus to requirements' unlike the racing industry.
No they dont breed, they still kill though and claim not to, much like people who claim so much cruelty goes on, when in fact it doesnt.

You didnt comment on my video which I also find very satisfying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCITD_Hi3tU
Didnt look at it.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Then one can only assume that the "cruelty" is over exaggerated, as Im sure the RSPCA would be the first to get theis dreadful sport banned if they thought there was cause.

No they dont breed, they still kill though and claim not to, much like people who claim so much cruelty goes on, when in fact it doesnt.

Didnt look at it.
Didn't ya know, its ok to kill as long as you don't breed
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Gotcha!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Yes I have a problem with it.

Which doesnt excuse those 1000's of greyhounds who are destroyed.
Bet your principles dont stop you taking your dogs to the vet though does it!!!!!!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Conciddering, Jodi seems to have such a dislike of healthy grey's being pts for research, I found her response to the peta links, to be well, somewhat reactionless. So, its ok, for peta to kill 97% of the animals they were suposed to be rescuing in 1 year, and dumping some of the corpses, in bins, cos they didn't breed them... and yet, it is others who are having their ethics questioned.

There is somewhat of an irony surrounding peta, or hipocracy, as on the 1 hand, they condemn me as cruel cos I ware leather, and eat meat, and say I am keeping my guide dog as a slave, but on the other hand, as mentioned, they are quite happy to dispose of inocent animals, with verry little thought, do as I say, not as I do, seems to be their motto.

I'll stop now, as like the lionman, I could rant about peta all day.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Conciddering, Jodi seems to have such a dislike of healthy grey's being pts for research, I found her response to the peta links, to be well, somewhat reactionless. So, its ok, for peta to kill 97% of the animals they were suposed to be rescuing in 1 year, and dumping some of the corpses, in bins, cos they didn't breed them... and yet, it is others who are having their ethics questioned
Its called a "blinkered" view tazer.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its called a "blinkered" view tazer.
That's what you and I would call it.

I'd put money on us, being corrected sometime soon.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Have I said that you have no experience? Or that I know all about you, everyone can learn about things very easily, and develop their own opionions on these things too.
Yes people can learn and they can also experience, but very easily? I don’t think so – its taken a long time for the truth about greyhound racing to come to the publics attention and fortunately with most people they are coming to a very different conclusion to you. Like you the people involved never want the bad things to come out only the nicey nicey stuff

“The experience I have is from talking to people involved in the sport, I use to be a anti, look back in this thread, I even got a added rep from you , but I've listened to people, went to a few races, volunteered in a rescue home for Staffs, and got a little experience from Greyhound kennels from that aswell, I had a friend in scholl whose Auntie bred and raced these dogs too, and saw hers occanisally, although I've since lost contact, well a lot has happened since school!! I've also learnt a lot more about working dogs too, and I plan on getting a lot more experience from these kennels.”:
But this para certainly implies only you can, just because others disagree with you. As I said others too have looked and listened and been involved yet came to very different conclusions to you. Yet you’ve only been to a couple of races, have little experience of kennels and had a friend in school.

Because he is a pet, yes its sad that so many dogs go through rescue homes, and that does include Greyhounds, it would be lovely if people could keep their dogs for the full life, but not everyone does, and yes there are many horror stories about what has happened to Greyhounds once they have finished their carrier, and some of them make me sick to my stomach, but tbh I think that instead of keep using this as the main argument, well you should look more at people who don't rehome their dogs, and look at why some of them are being pts, as the ones who don't see a rescue, live out there time with the trainer, etc are the really unlucky ones (and that is if they don't get dumped first) but I believe that rescues and Greyhound trainers should work more in parternership with each other, so that the trainers give more in for rehoming the dog, and the rescue matches each dog to a home asap (which I know rescues do, before anything is said), but something like this could benefit the Greyhounds. Which from what I believe is happening already, but I would still rather judge people who don't do things like that, then people who don't

Of course some people have to give up their dogs for various reasons but most do not buy them or breed them knowing damn well they will be put into recue at pretty much best – do they? Certainly most have not used them to make money and put them into rescue when they get too old to do so, or maybe in your vast experience most pet owners do?

Many horror stories yet only some of them make you sick – which ones don’t, which ones do you understand and find acceptable then?

Why would I want to say oh this guy kept his dog or took it home etc etc yet you expect me to not mention the horrors that go on – sorry but that is typical of someone in the industry ‘don’t mention the bad ever, just the good’ sorry but just how is that going to stop the cruelty? Again more of those involved sticking together and wanting everything bad hidden away

Let me get this straight you actually think rescues have spare room and cash to take these dogs once the owners have finished with them and this is actually the rescue’s fault for actually disagreeing with the industry that does it?? You really think its up to the rescues to put their meagre finances, space and time into clearing up this industries mess? Why, when if these dogs were properly looked after post racing career and treated as other dogs, those spaces, finances etc could be put towards homing dogs who’s owners have had to put their dogs in rescue, not just choose to do.

Im not quite sure what your last sentence is referring to but are you saying we should not judge those who inflict cruelty only judging those who do right (and obviously judge them favourably). You only judge people who do right by their dogs, you do not judge those that don’t? Can I ask what your reasoning is behind this – why should those who inflict cruelty, in any walk of life, not be judged?

This prolly won't be worded right but here goes nobody likes cruelty, but it does happen everywhere, even where its least expected, its not a case of understanding and accepting it, if you do something about it then good for you, thats up to you, but don't judge the whole thing based on some, which tbh is what I feel has happened with Greyhound racing, people hear about the cruelty more then they hear about the nice stories, and I'm not aiming this at you, but everyone really

What?? Good for me its up to likes of me? That’s exactly the attitude I have come across with those in the industry! Yeah we know it goes on but if you want to stop cruelty its up to you not us actually involved, watching it, knowing it happens, its only a damn greyhound anyway!

So basically when you go to work with these trainers and you see something cruel its up to the likes of me to do something not you? Do you honestly think everyone feels that way? I wonder what state this world would be in, and as you so like making comparisons, we would still be stuffing kids up chimneys and slavery would still be here - well its up to you if you do something about it, not me attitude!

Again you want the bad things pushed under the carpet and hidden from public view. Im pretty sure most on here would try to do something about cruelty and not just sit there going well I don’t really like it but it aint up to me to do anything about it – so can we please not let anyone know about it.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2010, 05:16 PM
The PETA thing has and is used over and over again to justify the racing fraternity doing the same thing and worse – next it will be rescues and council pounds putting to sleep health dogs, people do not seem to realise that these places have no choice and as you say do not breed the dogs in the first place. But hey others do it so why not do it to greyhounds they are bred to be killed, put in to rescue or left to fend for themselves and kept in disgusting although they do breed these dogs to do exactly that – either pts, dump onto rescues to deal with or get rid of in ‘other’ ways. So basically PETA wrong (which I agree with, they are) but racing industry perfectly right? Not sure if thats blinkered or hypocritical.

Why are there still no accurate records of where the pups, dogs not making it to tracks or ones finished with?

The denial of any cruelty just shows how closed ranks those involved in this seedy industry are. Turn a blind eye and brush it under the carpet, either that , or not see any of it as cruelty anyway regardless of how disgusting dog lovers would find it.

After all apparently its not for those within the ‘sport’ that are responsible for doing anything about it it for the likes of me oh and bully for me if I can be bothered.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Yes people can learn and they can also experience, but very easily? I don’t think so – its taken a long time for the truth about greyhound racing to come to the publics attention and fortunately with most people they are coming to a very different conclusion to you. Like you the people involved never want the bad things to come out only the nicey nicey stuff
If I didn't want the bad things to come out wouldn't I deny that they happen, instead of saying that they do, but I don't like it

But this para certainly implies only you can, just because others disagree with you. As I said others too have looked and listened and been involved yet came to very different conclusions to you. Yet you’ve only been to a couple of races, have little experience of kennels and had a friend in school.
That paragraph was in response to you asking me what experience I have not about me impying at all that other people can't get expeirence

Of course some people have to give up their dogs for various reasons but most do not buy them or breed them knowing damn well they will be put into recue at pretty much best – do they? Certainly most have not used them to make money and put them into rescue when they get too old to do so, or maybe in your vast experience most pet owners do?
I can think of a big group of people who breed to make money and then the dogs may go into a rescue home if there lucky right off the top of my head, maybe not pet owners, but people do all the same, and also when it comes to dogs like staffs, or any other 'status' dogs. Oh and I've also heard of many people giving their dog up coz its too old aswell, or getting them pts, and they are pet owners.

Why would I want to say oh this guy kept his dog or took it home etc etc yet you expect me to not mention the horrors that go on – sorry but that is typical of someone in the industry ‘don’t mention the bad ever, just the good’ sorry but just how is that going to stop the cruelty? Again more of those involved sticking together and wanting everything bad hidden away
Where have I told you not to mention it, or say that everything is hunky dory in this?

Let me get this straight you actually think rescues have spare room and cash to take these dogs once the owners have finished with them and this is actually the rescue’s fault for actually disagreeing with the industry that does it?? You really think its up to the rescues to put their meagre finances, space and time into clearing up this industries mess? Why, when if these dogs were properly looked after post racing career and treated as other dogs, those spaces, finances etc could be put towards homing dogs who’s owners have had to put their dogs in rescue, not just choose to do.
What I meant was straight from the racing kennels into new homes, its happened a few times round here, and this is what I think that people should be aiming for.

Im not quite sure what your last sentence is referring to but are you saying we should not judge those who inflict cruelty only judging those who do right (and obviously judge them favourably). You only judge people who do right by their dogs, you do not judge those that don’t? Can I ask what your reasoning is behind this – why should those who inflict cruelty, in any walk of life, not be judged?
That was I would rather judge the trainers and the owners of Greyhonds who don't find the dogs new homes, or put them into rescues, the ones that Jodie has mentioned dissapeared, if that's the case I would rather judge the ones whose dogs do not make it into new homes or into a rescue.

What?? Good for me its up to likes of me? That’s exactly the attitude I have come across with those in the industry! Yeah we know it goes on but if you want to stop cruelty its up to you not us actually involved, watching it, knowing it happens, its only a damn greyhound anyway!
I like the way that you have missed out the last bit of that sentence too, yes its good for you if you do something about it, it seems that everyone in the racing industry is being tarred with the same brush, whether they are loving people who care for their dogs, or the people who no-one wants involved in the sport, so maybe I should of put it as good on you for doing that, but don't judge the whole thing based on some.

So basically when you go to work with these trainers and you see something cruel its up to the likes of me to do something not you? Do you honestly think everyone feels that way? I wonder what state this world would be in, and as you so like making comparisons, we would still be stuffing kids up chimneys and slavery would still be here - well its up to you if you do something about it, not me attitude!
If I see something cruel, yes I will do something about it

Again you want the bad things pushed under the carpet and hidden from public view. Im pretty sure most on here would try to do something about cruelty and not just sit there going well I don’t really like it but it aint up to me to do anything about it – so can we please not let anyone know about it.
Again I have admitted that bad things happen in Greyhound racing, but there are plenty of people involved who care about their dogs, but I bet that they never make the media, or are used in your tails are they?
Page 102 of 157 « First < 2 52 92 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 112 152 > Last »