Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Worldwide or UK? I expect that may be difference?
i thought of that

i opted worldwide on purpose, as thats what must people would do as a default on most searches as that is google's own default setting..

people only select a country if they are a looking for specific organisations for their purposes, ie, "dog friendly hotels Uk".
but not for topics for information interest...

....so you still dont have the dogsey association.
and as azz says, no bigge if we even did.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Out of interest I put shock collar in-----then got involved in a video link with 3 guys playing a game. They definitely thought it hurt!

rune
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Out of interest I put shock collar in-----then got involved in a video link with 3 guys playing a game. They definitely thought it hurt!

rune
what was the collar attached too..
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Then to avoid any uncertainty, ban their discussion everywhere, Azz. After all, their use has been banned in Wales and the majority of us are hoping that the same will happen in England.

Or do a poll to see what people think, if there is still any uncertainty?

Most folk won't mind at all (and many will be very pleased) because most folk on here are against their use anyway.
I'd vote to ban talk of them all together, blogs and threads.

Take a stand, if Wales can ban them, why not the rest of the UK. start the ball rolling, show Dogsey is against E Collars. Turn all this negativity that has been on here, as a positive.

Have a Dogsey campaign, against E Collars, so many members of Dogsey would be behind it.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2011, 10:40 PM
themselves

TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Sorry if I'm being a bit simplistic here but I don't quite see what the problem is?

There is no 'freedom of speech' issue here at all. E collars have BEEN debated ad nauseum - there has been no 'censorship'.

Wales has banned e collars, full stop - yet I think we'd still describe Wales as a democracy with full freedom of speech...?

The situation we have now is that ONE site member is trying to persuade all the others that an e collar has helped her dog. To reiterate: it's BEEN debated to the point whereby people are becoming nasty.

Ban the topic of e collars - if at some future point someone wants this ban reversed, because there is a new 'angle' to consider etc, then you can always do that.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
I'd vote to ban talk of them all together, blogs and threads.

Take a stand, if Wales can ban them, why not the rest of the UK. start the ball rolling, show Dogsey is against E Collars. Turn all this negativity that has been on here, as a positive.

Have a Dogsey campaign, against E Collars, so many members of Dogsey would be behind it.
There you go.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
There you go.
I'd be willing to give up some time towards it, x x
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2011, 10:53 PM
i can kind of sympathise with banning the subject of ecollars purely on the basis of it attracting the same small group of members being quite nasty and then spending hundreds of pages being aggressive to each other.

my heart sinks everytime i see that on dogsey.
you just think for heavens sakes, not again, it makes a mockery out of discussions re negative V positive training, as none of those types of posts can hardly relate to what considers to be positive psychology or behaviour, one even finds it difficult to even relate them to dogs at all.

i find all of that has far and away dragged the reputation and atmopshere of dogsey spiralling downwards of late more so than the original offending topic of ecollars.
at times, new members must think the forum is dominated by a small clique of hostiles.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i thought of that

i opted worldwide on purpose, as thats what must people would do as a default on most searches as that is google's own default setting..

people only select a country if they are a looking for specific organisations for their purposes, ie, "dog friendly hotels Uk".
but not for topics for information interest...

....so you still dont have the dogsey association.
and as azz says, no bigge if we even did.
I used my browser's default which is UK - it was that when I installed it.
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »