register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2004, 08:12 AM
The cheeky beggar....I am with ozzy......bet they had not looked in a mirror lately!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 08:15 AM
yea people are rude......... they think their opinion is the only one ..........and yes it is offensive to those who love their breed ....
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 09:25 AM
:smt009
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 10:36 AM
I would of said back to them 'have you taken a look in the mirror yourself recently' and walked off.

Anyway in my eyes it is better to be ugly on the outside and beautiful on the inside rather than the other way round !!
luconevar
Dogsey Junior

05-10-2004, 11:50 AM
I get that with my bullmastiffs, i have a very good fiend who always calls them ugly...so to get back at him when Lollie had her puppies last year we named one after him....Bob....!!!!
He then said that Bob was gorgeous and would have a word said against him....but still said bullies were ugly.
You just can't win.
Karen.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Well they do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol. He was abrupt but you got to give credit for being honest, Staffords are not everybodys cup of tea and afterall its just an opinion doesnt count for much.

I wouldnt have a problem with somebody finding Staffords unattractive but its probably the way he said it.

For I have mentioned before that Golden Retrievers are the one breed I probably find most unattractive in a physical sense, now I know that this statement would piss off golden retriever owners on its own but doubly so if I said it the way your colleague did.

I can often speak my mind without realising the consequences as that is just what I am like. But each to their own, for every one person who finds our wonderful breed unattractive there will be 5 who think them wonderful! Just think of it as his loss and our gain eh lol.

Does this person have kids? If so why dont you say "I saw your son/daughter today what an ugly little fecker he/she was" lmfao. That should make him think twice lol.

Laura
benjis mam
Dogsey Junior

05-10-2004, 02:45 PM
No such thing as an ugly dog, someone called benj a doormat the other day but Im sure she meant it in a caring way- i think not- wish i had dared call her squaling baby something - what would she have felt like.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 02:55 PM
No such thing as an ugly dog,
Believe me there is lol. I saw a Stafford X Daschaund (I like both breeds) at the sops last week and it was awful. It was 8" tall but weighed 30lbs its belly touched the ground and I can honestly say it was the oddest looking thing I have seen.

Surely there must be ugly dogs just like you get ugly people. Not agreeing with how it was said to Lel but everybody has their opinions on what is nice and I can honestly say that there are several breeds of dog that I find completly ugly.

Laura
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Lel
Someone in work asked what dogs i have today - when I mentioned staffys they replied "oh those ugly ones with the squashed in faces"
Why not take a pic in and show them one Lel I bet they don't know what a Staffie is Or introduce them to DW and be DW of the month and win Azzes second hand superman avatar! :smt047 :smt037 :smt047 :smt037 :smt047 :smt037
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2004, 05:18 PM
I dont think any dog is ugly, all dogs are beautiful if not in their looks, in their temperment.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3