View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2012, 03:01 PM
I love the look of the outside in particular, thats my kind of house, beats all the modern builds that have no character to them.

Simply gorgeous and i'm very jealous (although i'd be tempted to move it somewhere a tad bit warmer!)
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Gorgeous location, gorgeous house..........was going to say how lucky you are, but don't like saying that because really luck doesn't come into it IMO. You have obviously worked so hard here and now it's all coming good and you can enjoy living in your paradise. I love these projects, my hubby and I have spent our life renovating to get the homes we wanted to live in. I have to say now I am older the shine is wearing off a bit, too much work and not so much enthusiasm but great to do when you're young. Looking forward to seeing the up to date pics.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Can I adopt your house?

But really, the amount of work you've put in is rather incredible. You've done such a lovely job, congrats!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Wow, it looms fab and what an amazing job you have done!

Helen
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Wow! Amazing house, you've done so well already! How long start to finish?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Apologies guys I forgot to come back to this as I couldn't find the memory card tht held the rest of the house pictures on it! But I shall take more and upload them! Many thanks for the lovely comments, it took a year from when we bought the property to having it in a live-able condition, although it still isn't fully finished yet.

We are surrounded by fields, we own one of them (the one I took a picture of). At the moment it's rented out to grow crops for animal feed, but I'm wanting to fence off part of it and use it to run a training club on.

We also have a large piece of land at the back of the outbuildings you can see in the pictures, eventually this will become the warehouse and offices for my OH's business.

The long long term plans are to develop all the buildings (there are five in all) to a point where it can be sold as a housing develoment, then we can retire in peace in a wee cottage in the middle of nowhere

Of course the time schedule we have for completion of a lot ofvthecwork will now need to be put back as I need to take maternity leave which means going from my current salary to £120 a week

Labradork we lived in one of the flats we normally rent out while we were doing this

Phil I live just west of Glasgow
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post

Phil I live just west of Glasgow
Not too near then - I just wondered.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Not too near then - I just wondered.
Why you ask?
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 10:00 PM
THAT'S near Glasgow Wow! I obviously grew up in the wrong bits

Absolutely fabulous looking property and loved seeing the transformation. Look forward to seeing some more pics
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
THAT'S near Glasgow Wow! I obviously grew up in the wrong bits

Absolutely fabulous looking property and loved seeing the transformation. Look forward to seeing some more pics
Ooooh whereabouts in Glasgow are you from?

I'll get more pics at weekend
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >