Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Anyone else slightly uncomfortable at someone`s emails (with the address!) being cut and pasted on a public forum?
Definately

IMO I'm sure you had your own reason to rehome your dog but you have made that decision and if you had any doubts at all you should maybe waited a little longer before he went, hindsight is a wonderful thing I know we all understand that but the new owners can't be expected to go through heartache just because you've changed your mind, it is very sad that you miss him so much but it is not fair to be asking for him to be returned, no amount of money you offer for their expenses so far will make up for the fact they would now lose a dog they love, I have only had my pup for a week and a half and there is no way I would give her back for any reason whatsoever I already love her so much it would break my heart, I too would cut contact and suspect you won't hear anything else from the new owners except maybe a solicitors letter if they see you have posted their personal email address on here, I would be absolutley furious if I saw that, I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure you're on dodgy ground they have given you personal details in good faith and you are posting them on a public forum for everyone to see!!!
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Me too!No wonder they cut contact!OP you're not thinking straight!
Charlie is happy and IF you really love him more than your own feelings let it go.
As you said to his owners,there are plenty more out there.
What is more important to you?The dog's feelings should be uppermost.He was moved in to a new family at a time when he was young enough to adapt quickly to it.It doesn't sound to me as if he's worse off for the move.
You did the right thing by him once,don't ruin it now
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 06:32 PM
We had Mo via the rescue centre but direct from her own home.
I agreed to keep in contact with her previous owner but to be honest it got a bit much and I felt that Mo was then my dog and I didn't want her previous owner continually contacting me. So I broke contact.
To rehome had been her decision and as hard as I probably sound, I felt it was her problem.
Mo was in a good home was loved and was happy and so were we.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I have a quick test to see if I should give up one of my dogs,it's quick and easy.Will they be better off/happier where I propose to send them?
If the answer is yes they're in the jeep in a heartbeat.Even when it means a month or so in kennels first.
Of course it breaks my heart.Every time.I never forget a single one of them and I never stop missing them.
But I sleep easy because I KNOW I've done the right thing by THEM!!!
I don't run a rescue.Dogs that come here are normally only in the kennels for a few days until health and temperament issues are sorted then they're in the house,on my bed and part of the family.Long term kennel inmates get as much of my time as can be managed and also become family.
It HURTS doing what I do but it's worth it in the long run.I know that for sure and it keeps me going.I'm running out of room on the walls for hanging the pictures of the departed family though.Time for an extension!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Of course your heart is broken as mine would be if I had to rehome one of my dogs. But if someone wanted my most recent dog Poppy back I would break all contact with them. I know it's hard but it's not fair on the new owners to keep e-mailing them. I don't want to sound harsh but I can see why they've broken contact from the e-mails.
He's in a good home now by the sounds of it so please let him have his new life.
If you consider getting a new dog, I would think really long and hard about it too. There was a reason you gave him up in the first place, which I commend you for in finding him a new home but you don't want to be in the same situation a few months down the line.
It will get easier hun....just give it some time xx
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh for goodness sake - you chose to give this dog up. Now your wife has changed her mind and you want to uproot the poor lad again??

Sorry for being blunt but I think it is actually pretty selfish to even think of doing that to the dog. And if I was the new owner, then frankly I would be now blocking any emails from you!
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-05-2011, 07:37 PM
The story told in the emails was a bit different from the original post.Sorry Michelle.Can't fake it in Dogsey!
I'm going to be harsh now,you had a hysterical reaction to whatever was going on in your lives when you rehomed your dog.REAL 'dog lovers' don't do that and then retrench.I wouldn't give you your dog back after that.If it happens once it will happen again.
You can not call yourself a dog lover and behave the way you have done.
Learn from this and maybe you will qualify but at the moment no.
Sorry to be harsh.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2011, 07:45 PM
We took on Kia as a private rehome over the net when she was just 5 months old. Agreed to keep in touch with the woman who 'sold' her to us, but when she started saying she wanted to arrange visits I decided to cut contact. It wouldn't be fair on Kia and I'm sure would have really confused her. I felt that the woman would change her mind as soon as she saw what was now MY little girly and want her back. So I made it easy for both of us and told her that the visits would not be happening - explained my reasoning - and have not heard from her since.

You gave up Charlie for what I'm assuming were good reasons at the time. He has settled now and is beginning a new life with a new family. I know it must hurt but you have to move on. Otherwise you won't get any updates at all! Just remember that you did what was best for him in the long run...
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 07:49 PM
his new owners won't respond to our e-mails re his welfare
In the emails posted they have replied

Obviously people have lives away from the computer,doesn't mean they are ignoring emails sent,as far as I can see they have responded.

I also would ignore / block anymore that were sent.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by elcid123 View Post
Hi everyone - we are dog lovers and own a 13 year old bedlington/? cross. Until recently we also owned a 12 month old lurcher 'Bob' but had to get him rehomed due to ill health. Despite promises his new owners won't respond to our e-mails re his welfare and we are heartbroken Has anyone else ever suffered in this way?
Joe's Mum
Hi Michelle ,I am rather confused to me your opening post indicates you have not heard from the new owner at all but post number 8 seems to state otherwise?

It must be dreadful to have to re home a dog but once the decision is taken and you have been informed the dog has settled down I think it is in everyones best interests that the new owners are left to get on with things without harassment from the previous owners.
If the new owner chooses to send further updates I would say that is up to them.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >