Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

To get to the stables we go to we have to drive down quite a lot of back roads. Well on the way there this morning we saw a car just around the bend in front of us stop, open the door then shut it and drive off rather fast When we got round the bend seconds later there was a little dog, looking rather scared in the middle of the road

I said to my OH 'OMG that car's just dumped that dog out' it looked like a staffy x JRT so we followed the dog as it ran off down the road, I tried to catch it but I couldn't get near it !! It got to the point that I was jumping ditches and trying to coax this little fellow to me but he was having none of it I eventually followed him to a house (OH was following me in the car) with a car in the drive that looked exactly the same as the car that dumped the dog out

I decided not to follow the dog onto someone elses property but did notice that the dog had a collar with tags on and thought maybe it wasn't dumped then - who would dump a dog and leave their tags on !!

When we got to the stables we mentioned it to the lady there and she said 'Oh yeah, they do it all the time, it's their way of exercising it' she was very despondant about it, she said a few people had approached the owners but he gets very defensive and quite nasty about it (good job I decided not to knock!!)

How? Why? Would you do that??? Apart from anything else it's a one lane back road and the chances of the dog getting knocked over are massive Stupid man
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Totally irresponsible and lazy.

No thought for the poor dog or other road users. Why have they even got a dog ?
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2011, 03:38 PM
That is ridiculous!!! Why would they keep a dog they cant be bothered to exercise correctly????
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 04:03 PM
OMG that is awful. Imagine how someone would feel if they ran the poor dog over and killed it!!
Oh some people!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 04:07 PM
on country lanes!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 04:08 PM
That has made me very angry
Is there a local dog warden you can contact?
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Someone could have a nasty accident trying to avoid the dog (apart from the dog possibly getting run over!). I think a word in the dog warden's ear would be a good idea.........
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Gotta go back tomorrow so I'm going to get the address or lane name at least, I was too shocked and angry today, plus we had two kids in the car who were quite upset by the poor cute doggy running down the middle of the road so we played it down a bit tbh, didn't want them anymore upset
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Sometimes (not very often) there are a couple of young lads that do that here with their GSD they stop at the start of the track/lane that goes past out milking parlor, let the dog out then drive like mad and the dog runs with the car does my head in.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 09:08 PM
i would get the address and report it to the dog warden and rspca, after all its causing a nuisance on a road, and effectively is not under control. What lazy B owners