Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Wee smells in the garden...

We have four dogs and of course they relieve themselves in the garden... we are hoping to move soon, so of course don't want to leave the smells behind!!
Is there any non toxic substances I can put down on the earth, few blades of grass left and concrete they insist on using?
Thanks in advance
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Bio washing powder/capsules/liquid works -non-bio doesn't have the same enzymes so not sure it would work at well. Would probably only use on the concrete though so you can rinse it well afterwards.
Also vinegar and lemon juice are both natural deodourisers and work well on urine smells, but I'm not sure how they'd affect the grass. You can buy big catering bottles and dilute 50:50 with water - I often use lemon juice to clean the floors at home. Just a tip, white vinegar tends to smell the least out of all the vinegars! The smell does dissipate after an hour or so though so don't worry, your garden won't smell like a chipshop instead
For the grass I'd maybe just keep a watering can filled up and wash away pee puddles as and when they're done - it'll reduce the grass "burns" too
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Bio washing powder/capsules/liquid works -non-bio doesn't have the same enzymes so not sure it would work at well. Would probably only use on the concrete though so you can rinse it well afterwards.
Also vinegar and lemon juice are both natural deodourisers and work well on urine smells, but I'm not sure how they'd affect the grass. You can buy big catering bottles and dilute 50:50 with water - I often use lemon juice to clean the floors at home. Just a tip, white vinegar tends to smell the least out of all the vinegars! The smell does dissipate after an hour or so though so don't worry, your garden won't smell like a chipshop instead
For the grass I'd maybe just keep a watering can filled up and wash away pee puddles as and when they're done - it'll reduce the grass "burns" too
Thanks hun, now I know my next job today!!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I use bleach on the gravel where my dogs go, but I keep them off of it for a day or so... not really non toxic, but can be well rinsed and really gets the smell out, and does a very satisfying foaming action...

**warning** DO NOT PUT BLEACH ON URINE INDOORS OR IN A NON-VENTILATED AREA

My friend nearly blew up her house because she poured bleach down the heat register her cat was using as a tiolet... the gas that the mix makes then travelled down into her furnace, and there was a loud bang and fire alarms going off all over her house... the fire dept. thought she was retarded!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
In the past we have used both mixed with water. Has worked well.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Yardfresh is none toxic and really works leaves a smell like eucalyptus.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Yardfresh is none toxic and really works leaves a smell like eucalyptus.
ohhh where do u get that?
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 12:46 PM
http://www.environmentalbiotech.co.u...ixer/p_41.html

It looks expensive but you do have to add a lot of water as it is very concentrated.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 12:58 PM
.... thanks
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I use bleach on the gravel where my dogs go, but I keep them off of it for a day or so... not really non toxic, but can be well rinsed and really gets the smell out, and does a very satisfying foaming action...

**warning** DO NOT PUT BLEACH ON URINE INDOORS OR IN A NON-VENTILATED AREA

My friend nearly blew up her house because she poured bleach down the heat register her cat was using as a tiolet... the gas that the mix makes then travelled down into her furnace, and there was a loud bang and fire alarms going off all over her house... the fire dept. thought she was retarded!
i hope everyone was ok, but that was funny, i think i hurt something laughing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >