Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2007, 12:47 PM

Post of the month competition

Ok everyone, I thought it might be fun to have a thread where people can post entries of those wits and jokers on here who've made them smile, or even laugh during the month.

The competion proper will start on 1st. Dec. but so everyone can get the idea I'm starting this thread now for November as a kind of 'trial' I might make a few entries myself, and ('cos i thought of it ) I'll also judge the winner on Fri. 30th.

We're looking for humerous, witty, fell of my chair laughing' type posts, you can only select ones which have come from Dogsey

Ok let's get started, there'll be a few simple rules but I'll post those latter, over to you guys & gals...................

Update:

Please do not include threads from our serious sections, just in case it upsets the person by someone making light hearted comments about what could be a serious issue for them. Thanks for your understanding

Dog Health
Diet & Nutrition
Training & Behaviour
Dog Grooming
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Does it just have to be funny? Some of the serious threads have some awesome answers worthy of post of the month!
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 12:49 PM
This one I found quite hilarious. It was posted by Colin Bradish in the thread "I can't believe some people" dated yesterday (don't know the date!)

Quote:
I'd have my dogs crap on his front step if he had talked to me like that.

You should of offered him a poo bag, and then when he asked what's that for? Your reply should of been "To catch the sh1t that's coming out of your mouth"". Unquote
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 12:55 PM
This one was posted by becky in my thread "A strange dream I had" dated 17.11.07 and it made me laugh too! Mind you it doesn't take much with me!!!!

This one was posted by Becky in my thread entitled "Had a strange dream"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena54
It might mean your hair is gonna turn grey!!!!

Her reply to that was:

Oi! I pay good money so it won't lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 01:31 PM
This one from Chellie almost had me in tears:

Picture the scene. Dogs have been walked, fed and watered. I gave them a large Dentastix each as a treat and settled down sort out some accounts whilst they were quiet.

Nala, Willow and Meeka ate theirs within half an hour. Storm ate half of his and buried the rest of it in his basket for later. He then asks to go out in the garden and Meeka goes with him.

As soon as they are out of the door, Nala is up and rooting in Storms basket for his treat . She finds it and promptly takes it into the bay, lays down, licks it once and falls asleep (she obviously doesn't want to eat it).

The terrible two come in from the garden and Storm looks for his treat and quickly discovers it gone . He frantically looks for it, sees Nala has it and admits defeat. He lays in his basket and sulks .

Meeka is not one to give up so easily, it took her half an hour to belly crawl towards Nala, stopping every time Nala moved and inching forward when she was sure that it was safe until she was close enough to reach out, snag an end of the treat in her front teeth and slowly drag the treat away, stopping twice when Nala stirred, and then legging it when she was sure she was safe .

10 minutes later, Nala wakes up, notices the treat gone, looks around, and sees Meeka has it. She heaves herself up, crosses the room, snatches the treat back and returns to the bay with a disgusted look back over her shoulder (you have to see it to believe it ).

She is now asleep with her head on the treat to stop any more stealth tactics.

I wish I could have recorded it but I just couldn't move in case I disturbed them.

It's more entertaining than TV

I honestly haven't laughed so much for ages
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
This one from Chellie almost had me in tears:

Picture the scene. Dogs have been walked, fed and watered. I gave them a large Dentastix each as a treat and settled down sort out some accounts whilst they were quiet.

Nala, Willow and Meeka ate theirs within half an hour. Storm ate half of his and buried the rest of it in his basket for later. He then asks to go out in the garden and Meeka goes with him.

As soon as they are out of the door, Nala is up and rooting in Storms basket for his treat . She finds it and promptly takes it into the bay, lays down, licks it once and falls asleep (she obviously doesn't want to eat it).

The terrible two come in from the garden and Storm looks for his treat and quickly discovers it gone . He frantically looks for it, sees Nala has it and admits defeat. He lays in his basket and sulks .

Meeka is not one to give up so easily, it took her half an hour to belly crawl towards Nala, stopping every time Nala moved and inching forward when she was sure that it was safe until she was close enough to reach out, snag an end of the treat in her front teeth and slowly drag the treat away, stopping twice when Nala stirred, and then legging it when she was sure she was safe .

10 minutes later, Nala wakes up, notices the treat gone, looks around, and sees Meeka has it. She heaves herself up, crosses the room, snatches the treat back and returns to the bay with a disgusted look back over her shoulder (you have to see it to believe it ).

She is now asleep with her head on the treat to stop any more stealth tactics.

I wish I could have recorded it but I just couldn't move in case I disturbed them.

It's more entertaining than TV

I honestly haven't laughed so much for ages

OMG thats fab wish it had seen that, am sat here in tears laughing at that!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Does it just have to be funny? Some of the serious threads have some awesome answers worthy of post of the month!
Becky
Becky, I'd like to keep it to funnies for starters, will send you a PM shortly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks Helena & Vicki that's exactly what we want If you see something like this Alex do please put it on here.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Well, I just had to dig this thread up coz I'm cracked up with this post by Malady, which was posted in a very heated debate about football, and I think she says it all!!! It's really amused me anyways!

Quote by Malady:
I would rather talk about the mating rituals of the lesser crested humming bird to be honest, but you don't see me shoving that down your throat ! Unquote
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Here's one i dug up. China (Who was recovering from pneumonia) started a thread 'Got asked to move' about the Librarian who asked her to move. Patch wote:-

'If you get any more stick for coughing, tell the ignorant so and so to be quiet as you are trying to concentrate on reading up about bubonic plague, then give a really good cough - that`ll see `em off
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >