Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megsmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2008, 07:12 PM

agility measuring

I have been doing UKA competitions for 6months now and I am totally hooked. I want to start competing in kc competitions but need to find a measuring session. Does anyone know of a forthcoming session thats a reasonable distance from Hereford? Also do I need to get a record book prior to the measuring?
Thanks
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi megsmum, I've added a link to agilitynet for a list of measurers, one must be near you you will need a record book with a picture of your dog in it, either look on the page for measurers, or alternatively have a look for any shows near you and see if they do any measuring, I've also added a link to that, hth

also is your dog registered with the kc? if not you'll have to get that done as you'll need your kc reg no. as well

http://www.agilitynet.com/reference/...measurers.html

http://www.agilitynet.com/schedules/schedules.asp
megsmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your help. I've already sent messages to organisers of shows near me but not heard anything yet - impatient to get started!! I'll sort out the registration and record book while i'm waiting.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 07:49 PM
You will need a record book yes, you can get one from the KC website but quit often the measurers do have some with them, [ always best to check in advance in case they run out though ].
Have asked for you on the agility site for any sessions in the area, will let you know if anyone responds :smt001
Teal'c
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Agility is certainly addictive Goodluck Nicola for furture KC comps knock'em dead
pagan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice to find someoneelse who's into the sport. Out of interest where do you train? I have found no classes between Leominster and Hereford, at least not listed on agilitynet and am still looking as I would like to start competing properly but have nowhere to train professionally. Any clues from anyone out there would be gratefully received.
Good luck in your future competitions
Munsti-Sue
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm hoping to get Bodica measured for the KC agility stuff at the Beacon DTC show in May, location is North Birmingham ...about an hour-ish from Hereford?!

Would be interested if there are any other 'measuring sessions' between now and then in the West of England.
megsmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Have been training for about a year with Lee at Hereford Dog training club. We meet at 'The Weir' which is a National trust property just outside Hereford on the Brecon Road. Have a look at our Website for more info. (www.hereforddogtraining.co.uk)
We've been competing at the UKA competition at Prestbury park Cheltenham this weekend and Meg came 4th in beginners jumping and 3rd in steeplechase! Still grinning!!!! Hope you find a class soon. It certainly is addictive!