View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Little confused now griff. So the new plans you found on land registry are the ones that show in green he has right of access all over the land but none of you have the right to park on that land ?
I get the boundary on the front that seems fairly straightforward and sounds like they are taking the pee.

In my honest opinion if you can leave the looking at plans alone I would. I know it is very hard especially as this has become nasty towards your parents, yourself and your nice neighbours.
You need a solicitor that understands boundary rights and neighbourly disputes concerning them. Then let them put you straight write again to your neighbours spelling it out plain and simple or take them to court in the full knowledge you are in the right.

I really do not envy you having lived with an easement over the drive at Upwell all I can say is thank goodness we were good friends to discuss our issues if they arose.
Which they did when they asked if they could park the van for a few weeks till space for parking was sorted. Admittedly they did move the van at 8'ish when taking the children to school and not put it on the drive till 10pm in the meantime during the day it was parked on the road till 10pm. It did however make me feel like I had to ask permission if Gorden needed to leave earlier as after the accident neither of us Paul and Beth that is really liked leaving the cars there. Or if we decided to go out and came back after 10pm it was amicable but I did flip my lid at Beth after 18 months and she wasn't happy but they did sort it and it didn't affect our friendship thank goodness.
Mostly because they knew we were being neighbourly leaving it that long anyone else might well of said no from the get go.

So I get your frustration and anger but you are not doing yourself any good it is making you ill it needs to be in hands of professionals and I know it is even more frustrating as you are waiting to hear if you will get the aid you need to continue.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Yes Lynn, correct,quit a few years ago one of the neighbours decided to look into getting the drives resurfaced, she showed me where our land began so I downloaded off the land registry site the thing that costs £3...it clearly shows the land is split into 4 with 3 bits belonging to 3 houses and I guess the last part is communal. He sent his plan to title which shows green up to the garages, I bought the plan to deed which shows the whole area green including our garages... it's this being coloured green that means he can stop us parking, really it should have said the right to pass and repass over the garage yard area coloured green to access your property...I thought that maybe there was an error and the 3 green bits should have been cleared and both my dad and I were shown a plan where only the communal bit was green. So yes basically the plan to deed is all shown green but not the title off the land registry....so anyone who is looking at that assumes they have the right with no restrictions...all it shows is the boundary
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Good idea to remove the photo's so in essence depending on which bit of paper is right, he thinks he is right and there is a good chance he is......and you have all gone by what you believed since day1 and its all been for the most part amicable.

We have similar on the road outside ours everyone has their spots to park and when a new neighbour arrives takes a while to sort itself out. But nothing like yours but still annoying so can see why you are stressed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 12:43 PM
There is a moral here and from Lynn's previously do not buy anything with shared anything...……...(not that that helps you Griff)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 12:47 PM
We have been her 35 years...never any bother until they arrived, next door has parked for 41years and I found out yesterday that the first person to move in parked from the first day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Yes Kazz would never of done it and I was very reluctant to buy the house in Upwell due to that and then as we found out many other problems to.
Thankfully the one that worried me most gave us little trouble.

That's the trouble griff you have all lived there a fair amount of time and been amicable and respected each other sounds like these two do not know the meaning of neighbourly or trying to fit in with you all and maybe politely ask questions.

My mum and dads house had a drive and to the left was a garage belonging to the bungalow next door to be honest it should never of been built. It was always thought it was extra storage and mum and dad and their then neighbour never had issues. There was in fact a fence when I was little they had the narrow path which had a small hand gate and ours had the drive with the double gates.
Anyway they moved across the road and a lovely lady moved in but soon pointed out she had access over the drive and dad could no longer park on it incase her brother came and wanted to park on the little hard standing outside the garage.
Dad had parked on it for years thinking no one had access rights over it why it never showed or they understood the rights I have no idea but I know it was a shock and disappointment to him.

The next neighbours in never used it and said to dad and us after he died we could park there if needed to load mum in and out of the car when she became less able but none of us ever remained parked on it we only after finding all that out loaded and unloaded and dad rarely ever left the car on the drive again always parked it in his garage.
When the house was sold it clearly showed up as shared driveway.
So things can go merrily along with everyone rubbing along then someone new comes along and you find out things you hadn't realised about what you have all been doing over the years.
Shame it has had to become so nasty towards you all. A simple polite chat might of sorted it all amicably.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 01:06 PM
To be fair, we had put up with builders blocking the drive for 12 months and as long as people had been polite.. nothing would have been said, it was the fact he turned so nasty when we asked for the drainpipe to be moved... and I was very polite about that. If the title had shown green nobody would have said anything but when you own land and then can't park on it... even though it affects nobody else it's nuts
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
We have been her 35 years...never any bother until they arrived, next door has parked for 41years and I found out yesterday that the first person to move in parked from the first day
Awwwwwwwwwww Griff you sound so sad......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2019, 01:18 PM
I agree Kazz griff does sound so sad.

I think thinking back mum and dad had bad advice when buying their house back in 1961/2 regarding the driveway.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I agree Kazz griff does sound so sad.

I think thinking back mum and dad had bad advice when buying their house back in 1961/2 regarding the driveway.
The car to people ratio was in favour of the people then now I think its every family member has a car.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >