Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2011, 09:46 PM

Pere is in a bad way

She had another very bad seizure about an hour ago - came out of it but could not get up. Kept trying but kept falling over again. Then got up but had another seizure so crashed down again.

Very bad post-ictal and only quiet because I have given her another chicken wing but as soon as that has gone she will be crying again and pulling on my dress.

Phoned Ram - he is not in town, Cheli is on emergency duty but I cannot get Pereg to the surgery. Ram said just have to sit it out - told me to give her another 50mg Pb even though she had 50mg at 10pm.

12.45am now. Crying. Pacing.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh malka I do hope she comes out of it soon, I cant imagine how youre feeling right now...

Big hugs hun xxxxxxx
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Big hugs Malka. We all love Pereg and will be sending her strong dogsey get well vibes xxx
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Malka, I'm so sorry for what both you & Pereg are going through, but I believe you were brought together for a reason, you are both strong, you are both fighters....

Stay strong, stay with Pereg, huge cuddles to you both xxxx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Sending absent healing xx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Hugs to u both

I still think some of the pacing/whining is the phenobarb....its not usually used in the way your vet does

Yes it used to control/lessen fits but the occurence of not as and when...normally if a dog is cluster fitting(which I know pereg isn't) valium is given not phenobarb

How often does she have fits at present?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Lots of thoughts to you and her.

rune
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

14-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I have just chucked half a dozen frozen chicken wings in her bowl and she is bringing them in here to eat. One after the other after the other, but if it lets me sit down quietly for a few moments without her trying to tear my dress I just do not care. She should be doped up to the eyebrows from the Pb as it is a narcotic but she is not.

Not supposed to give her Valium but I have just given her one of mine. I am supposed to take one as a muscle relaxant before I go to bed to unlock my spine but have not taken any for a while so have a few left.

Looks like no sleep for me tonight but it is two hours now and she ought to be zonked by now and she is not - wandering outside now which means I have to get up to watch her as I cannot see her from here when she goes round to the front of the house.

I really cannot cope like this as I am exhausted and sick with worry.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Must be incredibly worrying for you and so hard. Sending you all best wishes! I do hope beautiful Pereg is better very very soon!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

14-08-2011, 11:08 PM
She flonked down at just gone 2am so hopefully I can go to bed soon as I am absolutely exhaused.

It has been a totally horrible day and I am really frightened for her now.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »