View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:11 PM

Naughty LuLu and Rupert but good boy Woody!

Well, recall was tested to the absolute max last night.

We were out for our usual Friday night walk with our friends in the fields in Shilton when all of a sudden a hare came running out. Well that was it LuLu and Rupert (springers, mother and son) were off, with Woody in hot pursuit of this hare who was running hell for leather.

Three pips of the whistle though and Woody turned full circle and came straight back to us!! We could not believe and were literally jumping about with praise for him!! What a good boy - although he probably just realised that his best bet was to come to us for food rather than risk it with the hare ;o) So pleased, long may that last! Please!!

LuLu and Rupert came back soon after and were in big trouble, naughty woofers!! ;o)
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:32 PM
well done woody, Bruno once bolted after a hare and ran through a barbed wire fence in his quest - he got stuck halfway on his errr..bits ...... so good boy woody - you are a clever dog - Bruno really isnt....
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Awww clever Woody.

Looking forward to meeting you for walkies on Tues evening.I know there is at least a couple of mine that would find the charm of a hare quite probably more interesting than me - and they have several years on you....so well done
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Well done, Woody
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Three pips of the whistle though and Woody turned full circle and came straight back to us!! We could not believe and were literally jumping about with praise for him!! What a good boy )
Pidge that is just excellent, really excellent

Wys
x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
well done woody, Bruno once bolted after a hare and ran through a barbed wire fence in his quest - he got stuck halfway on his errr..bits ...... so good boy woody - you are a clever dog - Bruno really isnt....
Ooooo, nasty. Poor Bruno.

Originally Posted by ALexa View Post
Awww clever Woody.

Looking forward to meeting you for walkies on Tues evening.I know there is at least a couple of mine that would find the charm of a hare quite probably more interesting than me - and they have several years on you....so well done
Yes, really looking forward to it. Will be nice to meet your brood and wonder if you're really prepared for the thing that is Woody ;o)

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Well done, Woody
Fanks Pat, he is a good boy really, I think I sell him short far too often ;o)

Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Pidge that is just excellent, really excellent

Wys
x
Thanks Wys. I think the main thing is that either way we've done right in making ourselves seem the most important thing to him. But, he is still young so might start getting braver, let's just hope not ;o)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Well done, Woody - what a brilliant response from him!
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeay, well done Woody. That is some achievement. You just need to remember this one when he is being trying lol
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Not just a handsome chappie then, a clever one too You must have been one very proud Mummy
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2009, 05:36 PM
The handsome, clever, adorable little fellow! We've started calling Ruby 'dumbton' because she is sooo rubbish at recall. And on the lead. And 'leave it'. And 'stay'. In fact, she's beginning to only be a good girl when you say 'dinner'! I think we've become a little complacent with her, and Woody has given us the drive to get back on track.

It's a good job she's a pretty little thing!