View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dolby
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-11-2009, 04:38 PM

Dog friendly farm holidays - Northumbria?

Hi, I am looking ahead and trying to plan our hols for next year. Does anyone out there have any recommendations for a dog friendly (and kid friendly - 3 yr old and 6 yr old) farm based holiday anywhere in the UK (Although we are looking at Northumberland at the moment, we are quite flexible on this)
We were thinking of renting a cottage on a working farm for a week next summer. Both kids are animal mad and would love to stay somewhere where they can actually get involved and help out.
I have found quite a few on line but I always prefer to go somewhere that has been recommended - any ideas?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm going to Laverock Holiday Cottages next month

http://www.freewebs.com/comebyanaway/

So will let you know afterwards how good it is.

The only thing that some people might not like is that the dogs aren't allowed on the furniture - doesn't bother me as mine aren't allowed at home, but it might hard if your dog is used to be on the sofa at home.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'm going to Laverock Holiday Cottages next month

http://www.freewebs.com/comebyanaway/

So will let you know afterwards how good it is.

The only thing that some people might not like is that the dogs aren't allowed on the furniture - doesn't bother me as mine aren't allowed at home, but it might hard if your dog is used to be on the sofa at home.
Funnil enough, ours are allowed on the sofas at home, but on holidays they are not. They do try, but after being told 'no' a couple of times,they don't try again...they seem to be able to differentiate. That said, I tend to take a couple of throws, just in case but so far...they have accepted that they can't go on the furniture on their hols.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
http://www.northumbria-cottages.co.u...de=CLEUG&cod=6
this site may help?
Also if you google dog friendly farm holidays you should get quite a lot...
dolby
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Hali - Laverock Holiday Cottages sound ideal. Must be popular as almost booked up for next year already. (Even some bookings gone for 2011!) Looks a little rustic though - I think they could do with a few updated photos of the cottages - only ones they appear to have are ones of the barns pre conversion!
Re the sofa, I wouldn't expect to let the dog on the sofa whilst staying in someone elses cottage.
Casper may have other ideas though - he is now 13 weeks and has just discovered how to get on the sofa at home. We are now locked in a constant battle of "OFF"!
Unfortunately the kids aren't helping as they think it's hilarious!!
Keep the suggestions coming.