View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 11:48 AM
hope you manage to get a better sleep tonight, theres nothing worse than the worry and sleepless nights when they're not right xx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 12:08 PM
So sorry to hear the gorgeous Axel has a poorly leg I must admit I have slept downstairs before now......on a 2 seater!!
I hope the visit to the vet isn't too traumatic for you or him...big grey snogs from Guinness to Axel!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:43 PM
I would definitely carry him upstairs not only so you can get a good nights sleep but also that he doesn't get stressed. Good luck and big hugs for Axel.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys...we're definitely going to attempt carrying him....I'll let you know in the morning how we get on!
We went fund-raising today and he was lying down for most of it, and when he wasn't, there was no sign of a limp...so I'm hoping the ban on stairs won't last too long!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Well, that didn't go as expected. I let him in from last toilet trip and before I had a chance to carry him, he ran upstairs himself! I wasnt expecting this as he's always needed encouragement...I guess he wanted to make sure he wasnt left behind...I hope it doesnt bring back his limp because he was finally walking perfectly! Oh well...I'll see how he is in the morning...
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 10:51 AM
He seems fine this morning, no sign of a limp yet. Still going to take him the vets tomorrow or Tuesday, whichever I can get him to first.
We had 9 blissful hours sleep, we actually woke him up to go downstairs!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
He seems fine this morning, no sign of a limp yet. Still going to take him the vets tomorrow or Tuesday, whichever I can get him to first.
We had 9 blissful hours sleep, we actually woke him up to go downstairs!
Thats fab news Everything crossed here that his limp stays gone! Heres to a few more nights of good sleep...

Bev x
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks Bev, much appreciated! It makes such a difference, I've ordered a baby gate for the bedroom so hubbie doesn't get fed up stepping over the board.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Oh bless him, glad Axel is moving about a bit better. I'm trying to work out how we could get a stair lift installed and adapted for Max for when he gets older and starts to struggle with the stairs
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm really pleased that you've managed to sort it out and that he is not limping any more, hope the vet visit goes ok
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >