View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Oh and I've just remembered, when we were visiting Boscastle ten years ago maybe, we met a dog that was the spit of Dewi. Lots of people are looking because they were so similar. We chatted to the owners who asked if Dewi was as mad as theirs and commented on h ow expensive kelpies were....they were gob smacked when said we had rescue him as a tiny puppy, he was a mongrel and not mad at all!

That's the second time one of our dogs has been mistaken for a rare pedigree. 30 years ago we had Megan who looked like a cross between a lab and a Beardie, when a very posh lady dashed up to us and said "oh how wonderful a soft coated wheaten! You're so lucky, my husband won't let me have one because they're sooo expensive!" Megan's mum was found as a pregnant stray and I think she cost my parents £20!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 07:49 PM
The Chicken!!
Bloody fabulous!!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Oh and I've just remembered, when we were visiting Boscastle ten years ago maybe, we met a dog that was the spit of Dewi. Lots of people are looking because they were so similar. We chatted to the owners who asked if Dewi was as mad as theirs and commented on h ow expensive kelpies were....they were gob smacked when said we had rescue him as a tiny puppy, he was a mongrel and not mad at all!

That's the second time one of our dogs has been mistaken for a rare pedigree. 30 years ago we had Megan who looked like a cross between a lab and a Beardie, when a very posh lady dashed up to us and said "oh how wonderful a soft coated wheaten! You're so lucky, my husband won't let me have one because they're sooo expensive!" Megan's mum was found as a pregnant stray and I think she cost my parents £20!
My Bob was a GSD cross lurcher and I used to call him my pocket shepherd. He looked like a GSD pup when I first met him even though he was 10 years old!

I've never had anyone mistake one of mine as pedigree but I've had plenty ask if Scooby was Binky's (my yellow lab) puppy... When I pointed out Scooby is a terrier cross who was three years older than Binky they always looked confused.

My Dad's Kelpie is nutty and very independent but she's a real sweaty with those she knows.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The Chicken!!
Bloody fabulous!!
This comment made me spit my tea out Ginger, expert photo bomber!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Lol at the chicken.

Happy gotcha days boys, and happy birthday to Bandit!.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm laughing aloud here - don't think I've ever seen group photos of dogs with a CHICKEN in them. ROFL!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 05:49 PM
She's an awesome chicken, especially when it comes to photo bombing!

The other day she snuck in my house to steal my lunch!

Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Lots of celebrating and absoultely lovely doggies
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3