Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Hmmmmm I improvised with a poece of melomine about 5ft long 3ft wide, luckily my car's really low at the back so I only have about a foot and a half drop to cover

Ok anyway piece of melomine - check! decided it was a bit slippery for him so after hunting through the garage came across an old push bike so pinched the tyre of it, took the inner tube out, cut it into lengths and glued / nailed it onto the board width wise to create a non slip surface! then cut the actual tyre in half put on half over the top of the board and the other half over the bottom of the board to stop it marking the car and slipping on the floor! Voila an emergency use dog ramp!!!

Unfortunatley Bailey never got to test my handiwork - he just stepped into the car Typical!

Don't you just love it when you have brilliant ideas, spend ages putting them into practice, stand back and feel exceptionally proud and pleased............and the dog just ignores all your efforts

So pleased that he is home and doing well
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Read this thread with my heart in my throat! SOOOO happy there was a happy outcome for Bailey!!! Give him my love!
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Really pleased for you. You must be so relieved, and imagine how brilliant Bailey must feel after that clear out!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Not sure, but I only give them chicken wings, rib bones and I treat him sometimes to a turkey leg ! Can't see a chicken wing causing that amount of problem! The rest of raw I give him is all miced up when I buy it so I'm assuming it's a chunk of rib bone!!!nn
How is he now? He must be feeling brighter now he's been home...? Glad he is ok now.

I actually stopped feeding the turkey legs that you buy separate as I found there were bits coming out as they went in and decided I wasn't happy with that and being a weight bearing bone, possible farming issues...I stopped feeding them like that.

Pretty sure your boy will be on mince now though after this?
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6