Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 11:16 PM

Emergency vets again!!!

sat here waiting for results on Bailey - he's been 'off' for a couple of days and I was saying to my OH I'll have to take him to the vets tom, somethings going on. tonight he's gone right down, he's like an old man, wouldn't walk down the step into the garden for his late night wee I sat down on the step and he laid with me and started shivering and groaning I felt his tummy and it was really hard

That was enough for me, so I'm sat at the vets waiting for but test results and his scan to be done - Vet said he's quite pale vut his temp is normal and his tummy doesn't 'feel' right. God I hope he's going to be ok
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear your boy is unwell, fingers and paws crossed here that he is ok and it's nothing serious.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Thankyou

They've kept him in overnight as he's dehydrated and they're giving him some pain relief so he relaxes enough that they can get a better view of his tummy

The vet said she thinks it's something to do with his spleen ! Going to bed now with the phone in case he goes further down and they have to go in not that I'm going to get much sleep but . . . . . .
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Oh I do hope he's okay xx
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Thanx

Just had a call from the vets and he's had a bad reaction to the sedative they gave him for his xrays the vet said 'it was touch n go for while but he's stable now' Why do they tell you these things when he's there and I'm sat here imagining the worst They didn't get good images from the xrays as they had to bring him round almost straight away

So the plan now is to wait until morning and take him to my regular vets and go from there as I told them I didn't want them trying to put him under for a tummy op / look just after the reaction to the sedative I know it's different stuff bu I'd like to give him some time to recover and get the stuff out of his system a bit before they dose him up again plus there's only two of them there and he's a big lad to try and move if anything goes wrong. They're gonna keep an eye on him and providing he doesn't worsen leave it until tomorrow if he does then they'll have to go in It'll give more time for the fluids to get to work in him too

So I'm sat waiting now for the phone to go again and praying it doesn't
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Will be a long night for you xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 05:57 AM
So sorry to read your news fingers xxxx and hope its better news today hun xxx
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Still up

No more calls thank god so it seems he's made it through the night

Gotta go pick him up at 8.30 and pay the bill reckon it's gonna be around the four figure mark this time then hopefully a nap if all goes well
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 06:20 AM
I hope he's better soon, you must be out of your mind right now, and poor Bailey.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Oh bailey

poor boy and poor you, fingers crossed and everything here xxxx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »