Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
People can walk wherever they choose if its "public." People should have their dogs under control anyway, therefore they would not be in a position to bother anyone who perhaps didnt care for them. I dont like being bothered by other peoples badly behaved dogs while I am out walking, similarly I dont like being bothered by other peoples children who act in a similar fashion!!
DITTO!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 05:55 PM
People can walk wherever they choose if its "public." People should have their dogs under control anyway, therefore they would not be in a position to bother anyone who perhaps didnt care for them. I dont like being bothered by other peoples badly behaved dogs while I am out walking, similarly I dont like being bothered by other peoples children who act in a similar fashion!!
Agreed.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 06:08 PM
We were out at Felbrigg Hall (National Trust building and lovely walking area) in Norfolk one Saturday and I had Cherry and Parker on leads as we were near the shop and plant sale area when a small child (5ish) said "dog alert, dog alert!" in a loud voice to her parents. I am afraid I couldn't help myself and said in an equally loud voice "child alert, child alert!"
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
We were out at Felbrigg Hall (National Trust building and lovely walking area) in Norfolk one Saturday and I had Cherry and Parker on leads as we were near the shop and plant sale area when a small child (5ish) said "dog alert, dog alert!" in a loud voice to her parents. I am afraid I couldn't help myself and said in an equally loud voice "child alert, child alert!"
That is something I would say too!!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Totally agree

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Love that
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2011, 06:53 PM
we have a few dog beaches here not alot but a few where dogs are allowed on all year round, now if you dont like dogs dont see the point of going to a beach where they are allowed go to one where they arnt
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I think non-doggy people will avoid doggy areas if they feel strongly about it.
However I would imagine everyone would want to walk with dog walkers, they are by far the more sociable and interesting people to walk with
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Snap! This is exactly how I feel about it.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 07:45 PM
As a child i was absolutely petrified of dogs. I Used to dread going to our local park because of the amount of off lead dogs
Now as an adult dog owner i can see things from both perspectives but it all comes back to the same thing.... if the owners are sensible and the dogs are under control there is no issue.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
That is something I would say too!!
That is something i would think, not sure if i would be brave enough to say it though!! lol

I would probably say something like ****, dog and child alert what do i do i have both!!!
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »