Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
No I know your address I have given it to my son, I won't obviously be able to give you a name but I can let it slip if its someone close to you

Bet you'll be glad when you move to Chirenchester, at least there if it is neighbours, you'll be free of them not long now I believe before your getting married (sorry but I understood that from your profile) things will change then Im sure and you can leave all that behind you.
Yes you're right. If my OH ever manages to get back for long enough to get married. He's working away in Nigeria. He's been back and forth since December which is why the move down south is taking so long.

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Its ok to say it was wrong coz laura is innocent, but not everyone is so it has to get checked. I thought it was OTT with 12 officers, but now that has been cleared up I dont think it was so much.
I have no problem with anyone, whether police, RSPCA etc doing their job. I know they have to investigate complaints. I've been on the receiving end of angry members of the public before now and generally they want you to resolve things but won;'t give you any information. It's incredibly frustrating at times for those involved and I agree that there are times when the police have to be heavy handed or go in "mob handed" so to speak. Bbut had they looked at their records, I've contacted them before, not because I have PBTs but for help and to report what happenedto Yannis. I've also reported other crimes to WMP since then but that's besides the point really.

So you think 12 Officers is OTT (fir enough, I do too) but you don't think the number that did turn up is way OTT?

Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Chichester...?? and maybe not...!! my current gitty neighbours hail from there originally.... it's just along the coast from here.... They reported me to RSPCA in March claiming my dog was barking too much and was living in 'dirty conditions', (perfect bill of health from inspector - in fact we ended up talking for ages about the local rescue I've been involved with!).

That drew a blank so they THEN reported me to my landlord behind my back, and council EH dept too; without EVER saying a word to my face. Council were a bit astonished nothing had ever been said to me before they reported, as they encourage a good neighbours policy here, so that meant council were automatically on my side. Meanwhile these chaps were being sweetenss and light to my face and other neighbours too. I can't stand that kind of attitude. Luckily neither can most of the people in this neighbourhood.

Don't want to put you off..... but there are gits wherever you go, unfortunately. Karma will get 'em... I can see it coming already. There are always people who are up themselves wherever you go, for one reason or another, sad to say.
Oh well - from one set of nutty neighbours to another. I've also had the compalint abotu ddirty conditions. Apparently my lot were living up to their elbows in dog poop. The RSPCA turned up on Oscar's 5th birthday actually durign his party and saw for themselves the patio that was almost sparkling. The reason being I scrub it twice a day with bleach. So that was the end of that. i think they ran out of steam shortly after that and this is the first thing that's happened (regarding the dogs anyway) since then.

I'm moving to Bracklesham Bay (sp?). I'm told it's a nice area but I suppose the idiots get in everywhere nowadays.

Laura xx
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
I'm moving to Bracklesham Bay.
It's so off the beaten track I'm surpised anyone lives there! (joke)

Seriously it's pretty isolated, by South Coast standards - which may be what you want, I dunno.... but there's very little public transport, and don't even bother asking me about shops & schools.

Just expect any and every dog owner that knows you to descend on you, as it's just up the road from West Wittering which is a bit of a mecca for dog owners in these here parts

(You will get royally fed up with tourists too, although a great many people that go to Selsey have second homes there and/or yachts and only invade at weekends).

Anywhere on the S Coast is gorgeous though, and if you're anything like me, it won't be long before you start to feel claustrophobic going inland. It's a privilege and a pleasure to live by the sea, especially in the summer, though I also love seeing the sea in its winter storm fury. And you can't get fresher air anywhere. Or bluer skies.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Yes you're right. If my OH ever manages to get back for long enough to get married. He's working away in Nigeria. He's been back and forth since December which is why the move down south is taking so long.

I have no problem with anyone, whether police, RSPCA etc doing their job. I know they have to investigate complaints. I've been on the receiving end of angry members of the public before now and generally they want you to resolve things but won;'t give you any information. It's incredibly frustrating at times for those involved and I agree that there are times when the police have to be heavy handed or go in "mob handed" so to speak. Bbut had they looked at their records, I've contacted them before, not because I have PBTs but for help and to report what happenedto Yannis. I've also reported other crimes to WMP since then but that's besides the point really.

So you think 12 Officers is OTT (fir enough, I do too) but you don't think the number that did turn up is way OTT?

Oh well - from one set of nutty neighbours to another. I've also had the compalint abotu ddirty conditions. Apparently my lot were living up to their elbows in dog poop. The RSPCA turned up on Oscar's 5th birthday actually durign his party and saw for themselves the patio that was almost sparkling. The reason being I scrub it twice a day with bleach. So that was the end of that. i think they ran out of steam shortly after that and this is the first thing that's happened (regarding the dogs anyway) since then.

I'm moving to Bracklesham Bay (sp?). I'm told it's a nice area but I suppose the idiots get in everywhere nowadays.

Laura xx

He better get back ....after all he couldn't possibly miss his and yours big day , tell him Pat and I are expecting invites plse and Dogsey wants to see plenty of photo's.
I think 6 Police officers (for here) actually is quite tame ....they normally do overload here, mind hun I do think 4 RSPCA is OTT, you normally don;t see that many in a year you were lucky to get so many in one place at the same time (only joking)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Terrible for you Laura.

So if it was your neighbours, can't the police get onto them for wasting time and money? I know if I had done something like that to a neighbour, (not that I would ) I would be hiding behind my curtains waiting for the police/RSPCA to turn up and give me what for. After all, your neighbours know perfectly well what kind of dogs you have and the police/RSPCA could surely act on that then, there lying I mean.
The neighbours must know that they know that the police know they are lying...surely!!!!! (does that make sense???/ )
Why would they think to do this?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh dear!
The law is a total a$$ -just like my neighbours - using these serveces to bully you
The only advice I can give is make a note of everything that has happened
ask the rspca for a letter saying when and why they visited
and go in and speak to the police boss guy
Say you are concerned for you saftey because of your neighbours escalating behaviour and ask when you can do

The answer is v little - but get them to start a file so if anything else happens then all this is on record on your side

It is so wrong that people can do this to you
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 09:17 PM
wish u luck with your move. good idea. and the night b4 u move have a few friends around give the neighbours something to complain about.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Just let us know when you do move - it's geographically not far from me as the crow flies just a few miles..... though a lot further in reality due to all the peninsulas and islands here.... will come & visit when you're ready, if you're ready
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Thats shocking, I think the person that reported you should be charged with wasting police time, I understand the need for being able to report dangerous out of control dogs, but when someone is incorrect with their information, and are only reporting out of spite and not because they are genuinly concerned for the welfare of dogs, cases like this where the allergations are unfounded, they should be fined.

mo
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Thats shocking, I think the person that reported you should be charged with wasting police time, I understand the need for being able to report dangerous out of control dogs, but when someone is incorrect with their information, and are only reporting out of spite and not because they are genuinly concerned for the welfare of dogs, cases like this where the allergations are unfounded, they should be fined.

mo
couldn't agree more
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5