View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:43 AM
You poor thing. That is shocking. I agree that dangerous dogs have to be investigated, for their own well being as much as other peoples, but that is ridiculous.

They were obviously expecting you to be in bed asleep, how frightening it would to have been woken up to that. I wonder how many perfectly innocent people have been traumatised by similar cases, particularly someone who'd been burgled whilst in their house would have been absolutely terrified.

Why people can't make simple inital checks I have no idea. A few years back I had just got out of the shower, getting ready for work. There was a horrendous thumping on the door - my first thought was that someone had been involved in an accident outside the house. There was a plain clothed police officer at the door asking for some man. I told him there was no-one here of that name. He handed me a warrent for arrest, at which point I told him he had the wrong address. He told me that 'I can check with the post office'. 'What a good idea, you do that' I said .....
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Flippin 'eck.

Yep I would be online right now looking for the most intimidating "WARNING PIT BULLS LIVE HERE" sign I could find for my front gate!
Here you go, stick this up on your gate
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Here you go, stick this up on your gate
Good one!

Or this....?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PITBULL-AMERIC...item2eaa973de4
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Good one!

Or this....?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PITBULL-AMERIC...item2eaa973de4
Hehe... those posters are brilliant!

I do wonder what the Police are doing with their time, all these talks of cuts and being overworked - and this sort of thing happens. Good on you for keeping your cool. I would have been so angry that I would probably end up being arrested for being mouthy to a police officer! What sad neighbours you have - do they not have better things to do with their lives?!!!

I hope your day is going better than it started
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Or this one
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Why on earth didn't they just send someone round to check the facts first before raiding you. Good grief and the RSPCA wouldn't even take any action against my landlady who abuses her dogs and I have proof, it's ridiculous.
I would complain to everyone, MP, Council, Police Commisioner, RSPCA and tell the papers as well.
Becky
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 11:47 AM
What on earth is wrong with people...!!!

You're neighbours sound awful and the police and RSPCA turning up like that is unforgivable, they should NOT turn up at 5am, that is ridiculous. I would be writing a very strongly worded letter of complaint about this.

If that happened to me i wouldnt even answer the door. Im a bit of a wimp and dont tend to answer my door once it gets dark anyway I live on my own with 3 entirely useless guard dogs (they'd hide behind me!!!) so if people knock on the door, they rarely get an answer. But i wouldnt have let them in if they did anyway, they have no right to enter your property without a warrant I believe, and if they could see the dogs over the garden fence i'd have made them do that out of principle.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Or this one
i love it
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Or just to wind them up (can you tell I'm having fun with this one )
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
OMG, I am sorry to be reading of this. Is there no way to complain about the fact that so many police came round, unfounded, with no proof etc?
I wasn't going to complain but the more I think of it, the more p1ssed off about it I'm getting. I had seen the funny side once I'd calmed down but I wonder how many innocent people who are not ex-police officers, who aren't legally trained and who have young children who are awake or maybe elderly people in the home have endured this and not known what they can do about it. The tactics used to carry out the visit were way OTT but I know it would have frightened a lot of people.

Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
Wow...what a wonderful waste of police time. I think I'd have been a bit more grumpy than you were!
I was already up - otherwise I'm a vile bitch at the best of times if I'm woken up.

Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post

How absolutely awful for you, and how absolutely sickening that THAT many police and RSPCA officers didn't spend their time sorting out the REAL criminals instead of innocent dog lovers like yourself.

I would seriously be looking into a way to take the whole thing further and sort your neighboours out once and for all, not to mention a complaint to the commission about the useless police force, waste of flaming time they are - worrying.

By jeus, absolutely shocking. What is this earth coming to!
Fortunately, the neighbours' hosue is still Council owned so there will also be a complaint going back to the Housing Department; as well as any other organisations I can think of to complain to. Don't worry - once I start I can end up with a whole list of unsuspecting people to whinge at.

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I agree completely. We pay their wages!!! They provide us with a service. This must be stopped from happening again. Complain, complain, complain.
Yes they do and I had far more service from them this morning than I've ever had in my entire lifetime. They both fobbed me off when Yiannis was attacked. Why not sort out the scum (same neighbours) who did that rather than hassle me?

Flippin 'eck.

Yep I would be online right now looking for the most intimidating "WARNING PIT BULLS LIVE HERE" sign I could find for my front gate!
Hmmm.....now there's a thought!

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
You poor thing. That is shocking. I agree that dangerous dogs have to be investigated, for their own well being as much as other peoples, but that is ridiculous.

They were obviously expecting you to be in bed asleep, how frightening it would to have been woken up to that. I wonder how many perfectly innocent people have been traumatised by similar cases, particularly someone who'd been burgled whilst in their house would have been absolutely terrified.

Why people can't make simple inital checks I have no idea. A few years back I had just got out of the shower, getting ready for work. There was a horrendous thumping on the door - my first thought was that someone had been involved in an accident outside the house. There was a plain clothed police officer at the door asking for some man. I told him there was no-one here of that name. He handed me a warrent for arrest, at which point I told him he had the wrong address. He told me that 'I can check with the post office'. 'What a good idea, you do that' I said .....
It's typical of both services though - they get very little information, don't even make the most basic of checks and then expect everyone else to sort out their mess.

Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
Hehe... those posters are brilliant!

I do wonder what the Police are doing with their time, all these talks of cuts and being overworked - and this sort of thing happens. Good on you for keeping your cool. I would have been so angry that I would probably end up being arrested for being mouthy to a police officer! What sad neighbours you have - do they not have better things to do with their lives?!!!

I hope your day is going better than it started
I agree - the posters are fantastic. I wil definitely use one or more of them. Not sure in what context thoguh yet. Maybe, as my neighbours NEVER go out, EVER, I may stick one to their front door and see what happens. When someone reports them and they get the police smash the door in (cos they don't ansqwer the door to anyone, the police included) I wonder what they'll say/do.

My day is going much better than it was to begin with. Well let's face it - it couldn't have been much worse. The dogs and I have had a pretty good day in the park adn this afternoon (as with every Wednesdaya fternoon) Oscar plays football after school so I'm relaxing now until about 415pm when I have to leave to pick him up. usually I'd have to leave by 245pm to pick him up at normal time.
He's hoping to get a trophy today as it's the last sesion of the academic year so at least he'll have a fantastic day.

And the best part was that Oscar slept through the whole thing. He didn't even stir.

Laura xx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >