Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Ah well we really like walking in the rain, the heavier the better.
I love walking in the rain but it's not much fun when you literally have to drag 30kg of Boxer behind you!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:12 PM
We go out at our set times, whatever the weather is doing. Thunder storms just pass us by, we don't even notice.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I love walking in the rain but it's not much fun when you literally have to drag 30kg of Boxer behind you!
I know short haired breeds generally are not keen on rain and Dobermanns apparently hate it, but I obviously made walking in the rain fun when they were pups because my lot don't even seem to notice. Although to be fair they would be off lead and running about rather than walking on a lead.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I know short haired breeds generally are not keen on rain and Dobermanns apparently hate it, but I obviously made walking in the rain fun when they were pups because my lot don't even seem to notice. Although to be fair they would be off lead and running about rather than walking on a lead.

To be fair my GSP hates the rain but now he has a waterproof jacket he doesn't seem to worry.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:25 PM
I once had to retrieve Monty from the depths of a hedge during a rain shower as he was off lead and had taken shelter in the hedge and refused to budge!!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I once had to retrieve Monty from the depths of a hedge during a rain shower as he was off lead and had taken shelter in the hedge and refused to budge!!
Perhaps Monty would appreciate a cagoul too? It's transformed Ollie's attitude to wet weather.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
No way! I can't even get Molly out the door when it's drizzling, let alone if there's a storm!
Chester's fine once he's out in the rain but you actually have to get him out in it in the first place!! I tend to get the 'ew you don't expect me to to go out in that do you?! look
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Perhaps Monty would appreciate a cagoul too? It's transformed Ollie's attitude to wet weather.
He probably would! I keep meaning to look into getting him one to see how he gets on with it. Do they restrict movement/running at all?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Tilly loves the rain - the heavier the better, it makes her do zoomies! but aim a hosepipe or shower head at her & she's off like a shot!
I wouldn't go in a field in the thunder in case we got struck by lightning!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Shady and Kyiro no I wouldn't because they are terrified of it. But Milo was fine out walking in a thunderstorm it didn't phase him at all.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >