View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Awww hun im so sorry. Its such a hard decision to make but if Meg is getting distressed from having the other dog there , then its prob in the best interest of everyone if she leaves. Its not as if you havnt tried, and im sure you will do your best to fine her a brill home.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
It is with great sadness that we have decided to rehome Kizzy our puppy.
We have worked so hard with her and Meg but it's not working and Meg hates the sight of her.

People have asked me why I don't rehome Meg, been has she spayed and purely a pet but I can't.
She has been here for nearly 4 years,she is absolutely bomb proof (apart from with other dogs)she has been through alot in her life and we very nearly lost her two yrs ago through Pyo.

We have decided that we will not be having anymore dogs until Meg has made her trip to the bridge,which hopefully won't be for a good few years yet.

Meg as you know has lost some of her coat and as pointed out to me this could also be stress related due to the puppy.
If it means not having a dog to breed from for the next 10 years then so be it,but we can't carry on as we are.

Slate me if you want to,shout at me whatever,this is not something that we have decided to do overnight and a great deal of thought has gone into it.
We have to do what's right for us, and more importantly Megs.
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I think you have made the right decision Sal, I did wonder how you were managing, but was hesitant to ask. Rehoming the puppy is exactly the right thing to do and I know its not easy for you. best of luck.
Agree with Dawn, I think you have made exactly the right decision, for you and both dogs.

Are you sending pup back to the breeder,
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Agree with Dawn, I think you have made exactly the right decision, for you and both dogs.

Are you sending pup back to the breeder,
Thanks,
I am going to be contacting her breeder,
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Aw Sal what a dreadful decision to have to make, I know how much your dogs mean to you.

Sometimes there is no choice when one bitch takes a real dislike to another, you have to put the safety of the dogs first.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 05:29 PM
So sorry to hear you couldn't make it work between the girls Sal, we were really lucky when Maddy and Dusty fell out in having them 'make up' again but I know how you feel. Charlie would never accept Bear and if he would, I could have Bear myself but it hasn't worked out that way and would just be an accident waiting to happen, as you say.

Best of luck, I know finding good homes for staffies must be just as horrifying as finding our Bear a good home, making sure they end up with the RIGHT people.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 06:24 PM
My heart goes out to you Sal, I know what its like to have two dogs that don't get on. Although it's a very difficult decision to make it is definately the right one.

Alfie suddenly took a dislike to Fabian and got him by the throat twice even though they had lived together for years , thankfully, both times I was at home, he didn't get a chance to have a third attempt and went to live with a friend. When it gets to that stage you simply have to think of the dogs and it just isn't fair on you having to constantly watch over your shoulder rather than relax and enjoy your pets.

I'm thinking of you all xxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm so sorry you've had to make such a heartbreaking decision. It certainly sounds like it is the right one for you and the dogs. I really don't think anyone would slate you for doing what is absolutely the right thing.

I hope you find a lovely home for Kizzy xxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
so sad for you, but you are making the right descision i think for all concerned. very brave descision, my heart goes out to you, cant be easy seeing your dreams slip through your fingers.

You will find a brill home for Kizzy im sure
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I did not know you were having trouble but having had one Staff who did not get along with any dog....and lived her life as a solo but previously having a dog and bitch who got along like soul mates all their long lives, I knew when the time came my Sal would get along with another dog and got Tess but I also know that is Tess had been here first I would not have got another dog...she would have been a solo.

Sadly we lost Tess when she was spayed, but I have decided to remain a single dog household and always will in future.

Dogs fight for breeding rights; Bitches fight for breathing rights.

You are right to let the pup be rehomed before she feels her feet and then you will have trouble.

My only sadness is someone I know (really well, excellent home) has just given a home to a Stafford rescue. Your pup would have suited them down to the ground......if only I had known they were looking for a good while, for a suitable dog/bitch.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
so sorry to hear this, but it is the best decision for everyone. especially the dogs.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >