View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 07:57 AM
I am sure will be fine being left but if it were me personally I would be worried about house being burgaled and dogs being stolen. I am very dramatic and dont want to put you off!!! But that would be my fear.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 08:28 AM
when working security in the pubs and clubs in glasgow, a normal working night for me at the weekend would be from around 8/9pm untill 5.00am so not quite as long as your shift but not far off it,

I found it suited the rotties really well more so in the summer, as I could give them there decent walk at 5.00am before it got to hot, they would come home and happily crash most of the day if it was hot, then get a smaller walk before I left for work,
In the winter they didnt give a fig, they dont like rotten weather anyway so sleep quite a lot, sort of semi hybernation lol

so I guess it depends on the dog, if they are happy then alls fine.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
I am sure will be fine being left but if it were me personally I would be worried about house being burgaled and dogs being stolen. I am very dramatic and dont want to put you off!!! But that would be my fear.
I wouldn't worry, Isla wouldn't let anyone anywhere near the house! She'd have their hand off, trust me!

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
when working security in the pubs and clubs in glasgow, a normal working night for me at the weekend would be from around 8/9pm untill 5.00am so not quite as long as your shift but not far off it,

I found it suited the rotties really well more so in the summer, as I could give them there decent walk at 5.00am before it got to hot, they would come home and happily crash most of the day if it was hot, then get a smaller walk before I left for work,
In the winter they didnt give a fig, they dont like rotten weather anyway so sleep quite a lot, sort of semi hybernation lol

so I guess it depends on the dog, if they are happy then alls fine.
I must admit I'm doing a month of nights to make a bit of extra money, but obviously the dogs are staying at my parents while I'm at work. That said, I'm getting a good idea of what they do when I'm asleep during the day if they have a couple of decent walks and the answer is naff all really!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3