View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Oh excellent news Malka....now you can take before and after shots of your next venture.....boob job and tummy tuck
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Well seeing as how I have now found the instructions [on page 59 out of nearly 200 pages ] - once I have the date and time set it will be the ready for the off - unfortunately not the fat off though!

It is a lot easier for me to handle than the 590 even though it is a wee bit bigger and a wee bit heavier, as the buttons and whatsits are not so fiddly. Also for some unknown reason the 590 was diabolical trying to get the battery compartment open which was another reason why the fact that it was eating batteries drove me mad.

But I bought the 590 about four years ago and it did what I wanted and this one appears to be a lot better and user friendly [read that as idiot friendly!]

Back to the instructions...
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Lol happy reading, you could be there a while
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Ah. I now have to format the memory card.

I think it would have helped if I had started at the beginning instead of messing around with the date and time...
Roger Dodge
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-01-2014, 11:02 PM
I brought a second hand Hitachi HDC-991E from ebay for £14, size is 3inches by 2inches, has a LCD screen and it is so simple to use just point and click.
I do have an expensive Nikon as well but the Hitachi is great, just slip it in your pocket as it is so small, SD card to transfer pictures.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

25-01-2014, 09:57 AM
I am really happy with the SX150 Reg - the extra size and weight and slightly larger buttons makes it easier for me to handle and I have a brilliant camera bag which will also hold extra batteries, plus the cable which connects it to my computer - and I hang the bag round my neck when I am out on my scooter.

This is just a "point and shoot" set on Auto when we were out:

This one also "point and shoot" on Auto but I did move the little lever so it brought the photo nearer. [Sorry, I forget the correct word ]:

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Roger Dodge View Post
I brought a second hand Hitachi HDC-991E from ebay for £14, size is 3inches by 2inches, has a LCD screen and it is so simple to use just point and click.
I do have an expensive Nikon as well but the Hitachi is great, just slip it in your pocket as it is so small, SD card to transfer pictures.
I'd be interested to see some of the pics you've taken with it Roger. Because I spend a lot of time where it is sandy, salty and windy, I usually go for 'portability' because I always end up leaving the camera at home if I have to carry it in a case or in my bag in a case. So very interested in anything 'pocket sized' indeed.

My Sony Cybershot is quite small but takes absolutely rubbish night time pics. (is well known for it too).

Haven't even used that for ages since I got an Android phone with cam. In fact all the pics I've put on Dogsey in the past year or so have been taken with my phone.

Easy upload too - another feature that weighs heavily with me! One click operation on my phone. Have to connect a cable or take the card out of my camera. But having to charge the camera is another problem too. I don't use it for ages and forget to charge it up. I preferred it when I used to put AA batteries in my Canon! At least I could keep a couple of spare batteries on me.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3