View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks guys! I'm exhausted. Didn't sleep well and everything I do takes 5x as long. I've just had a wash (am so desperate for a shower) and had to sit down twice during it.

I'm consoling myself that all of this effort and hard work surely means I might lose abit of weight. Although Neil's cooking only stretched to home made pizza and chips last night so perhaps not! In which case I'll be a fat, smelly person with a busted foot.

Oh and if one more of my family/friends says I'm copying Beckham I'll scream!! ;o)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Best wishes for Thursday.
ps I`d feel a bit insulted if someone compared me to Posh Spice too.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm loving the wicked sense of humour ClaireandDaisy is displaying on this thread!!

Oh poor you though! Sending tons and tons of healing vibes that it isn't very serious and you'll be back on your feet in no time.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Hi Em, sorry I didn't see this last night, I know what you're going through as I had to use crutches for 3 months last year when I did my leg in. I made it a rule that it would be over my dead body if the crutches were ever moved out of my reach (At least I managed to get to the loo that way )

You have my deepest sympathy, lots of Dogsey vibes, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is not snapped and only a stretched tendon which will soon be back to normal.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys!

Harvey, I don't know how you did it for 3 months! One day and I've already broken down, fallen over and really hurt my toe! I've had enough of the fecking things!

;o(
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Pidge if you are really desperate for a shower, you could always wrap your cast in cling film? and then tie a black bag over your plaster cast and have a quick shower that way.. but please make sure you wait till the OH is home, incase you fall over in the shower and cant get back up
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Pidge if you are really desperate for a shower, you could always wrap your cast in cling film? and then tie a black bag over your plaster cast and have a quick shower that way.. but please make sure you wait till the OH is home, incase you fall over in the shower and cant get back up
Thanks Bugzy. Neil is gong to bath me this evening. I should be OK to just hang my foot out of the bath and he can wash/rinse my hair that way. Getting out might be tricky but I'll see what I can do.

It's amazing how resourceful one becomes in these situations. Although I haven't had lunch and can't face getting it, so if someone could please pop round and feed me?
;o(
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Harvey, I don't know how you did it for 3 months! One day and I've already broken down, fallen over and really hurt my toe! I've had enough of the fecking things!
(
It was hard especially at first, I kept wanting to get up and 'do' things but my OH was a little angel and she helped me come to terms with my situation.

Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
This is what they did for me in the hospital and it worked a treat, plus I had a pretty young nurse to run the soap and water over me while I held onto the grab rail in the shower cubicle
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
It was hard especially at first, I kept wanting to get up and 'do' things but my OH was a little angel and she helped me come to terms with my situation.

This is what they did for me in the hospital and it worked a treat, plus I had a pretty young nurse to run the soap and water over me while I held onto the grab rail in the shower cubicle
Harvey you cad!

Still trying to come to terms with mine. My body hurts all over and dread needing the loo. Feel terribly bothered by it all, which then just makes it worse as I think of those worse off than me.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry, I should say - Neil is being fab. So attentive and on hand. It's so nice to have that support whilst one gets to grip with it all.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »