View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Maci one other thought, make sure your dogs nails are as blunt as they can be. Buy some human emery boards and file the nails smooth to minimise scratching damage. Also malaseb wash from the vets is very good for skin conditions. Burns fed dogs have nice fresh breath too
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 10:21 AM
would you not consider raw? there are many people here it seems who quite happily feed raw. i started it at the time my little russell had bumps all over his body, and it turns out he is allergic to the preservatives and additives they put in dog food. there is no way to escape this, except feed food that is only preserved by freezing. you dont have to feed bones if your not happy, there are other companies who are now catching on at the way the owners are heading - natural feeding. take a look at naturediet, or the anglian meats products company.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I feed raw....use Landywoods

( www.landywoodpetfoods.co.uk )

I would also sugest you try Quistel

http://www.actigeneruk.co.uk/quistelframeset.htm

I've used the spray lotion and the shampoo and they worked wonders
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2005, 07:32 PM
what your saying maci-may is now a very common problem in boxers unfortunatly one of my girls was exactly the same and Iwent through everything with the vet she had skin scrapings the lot now she is on herbal remedies and has been for the past 2 years and no longer has the problem it gets really distressing to see the dog like this is.nt it I no longer have her boostered everything is homopathic go along these lines and hopefully you will find a big improvement she gets garlic and fenegreek tablets and mixed veg tablets every day now and is fine good luck
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2