Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2005, 08:25 PM

any ideas ?

today I was out with Kira on her lead she was walking along happily then suddenly she gave a little yelp and quickly stoped in the middle of the street to lick her vulva after that she got up and seemed fine again ,she has done this a couple of times at home in the past
I have looked at her and everything looks normal down there ,she is about 4 months old

has anyone got any idea or should I get her into the vets ?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2005, 08:39 PM
hmmm sorry I dont know.

Could it be a urine infection? can't remember what its called in english
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I thought it might be somthing like that too ,but it wasnt after she got the toilet and when she does get the toilet she seems totally fine
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Hmmm then I havent got a clue, soz
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Mollie did that every so often the vet said he couldn't see anything but if she was distressed for any length of time to take her back to see him. After her first season the sympton cleared up on it's own. We never did know what it was and neither did the vet :smt017
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Maybe she just had a minor irritation - you know, like when your back itches or something?

Hope she's okay. How is she getting on? Loki is now 20 weeks and weighs 39 lbs.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Hi PJ If Kira was doing it a lot all at one time it could be bladder/cystitis. If only occasionally like Lucky says minor irritation. Have a look can you see anything? Sometimes that area can get a bit sore with licking, also bitches often have a slight mucus discharge..normal bodily secreations..I have noticed at times this sticks together and closes the vulva, and I guess this feels uncomfortable at times and pulls the hair when the bitch walks.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2005, 12:12 PM
It must be somthing like a minor irritation or a hair getting pulled because the last time she done it was weeks ago
thanks for the replys ,I was being a worried mummy again

Lucky Star she is getting on fine and since her puppy partys she is not terrified of strange dogs anymore ,I've arranged to go a walk with the woman from my local pet shop next week because I took Kira and Benji to meet her dog and they liked each other so much they nearly destroyed the rather small pet shop trying to play with each other ,it was like bulls in a china shop