View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IrishEyes
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2005, 09:18 PM
omg he is a fatty fatty boom boom!!! he just didnt look all that fat too us, dear me obviously we were very wrong! mind u we did the home weighing way, deduct my mums weight from total weight of holding dog, so it wasnt exact. but jeez! right thats it im not going to give into the puppy dog eyes n e more!! thanx ppl for ur help, im going to cut him right down!! i reckon to a reccomended 20kg dog, as % just confuse me! lol
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 09:38 PM
As I said IE ..recommended feeding quantities on feed bags are of no use...just cut back on what you are feeding...and be honest with yourself as to what you are feeding! The odd custard cream DOES make a difference! I ban everyone from feeding treats and titbits to the dogs...they get treats as rewards when out walking or training and their food!...
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 09:59 PM
michelle both my staffs together dont weigh that much, are you sure hes not crossed with a bull mastiff? he is lovely though!!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 10:05 PM
IE...let me know if you got the reply to your PM...not sure it worked
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 10:45 PM
blimey even thunder max doesnt weigh that much lol good luck with his diet he could join in our dogwebbers weigh ins
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Been trying to find a piccy of what I consider looks like a 'staff type' dog at a good weight ...this dog looks about right to me..
http://www.infodog.com/brag/dogpage/RM20450001.htm
IrishEyes
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2005, 11:18 PM
hey, thanx archer, got ur pm......both of them! lol and according to the guy we bought him off he is staff........but we only say pic of dad......he looks pretty similar to him.........unfortunately we will never know, and ppl have suggested MANY breeds he looks like!! mastiff esp. hmmmmm lol so i wondering if its his podge makes him look different? or is he actually crossed.......hmmm oh well, and archer no.........winston is no way that fit looking Archer, but looks very similar (not weight wise obviously! lol) maybe he is an amstaff. i would post pics, but i just cant get the hang of it, ive read all the instructions and everything!!! lol
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2005, 12:07 AM
IE if you contact the addy link I gave you Burns will tell you your nearest stockist , I did not have one nearby so asked my local small pet shop and they get it in specially for me, though since I asked them the lady has recommended it to many custmers and now sells a lot. They will send samples and books to help you and there is a nutritionalist on hand too, or they will deliver for a small charge Also a whole carrot is good and cleans dogs teeth
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2005, 12:21 AM
I amsure you don't need me to tell you that an overweight dog is an unhealthy dog. Extra weight puts huge stress on the heart & other organs as well as on the joints. You have had some excellent advice about diet. I would just add that if you are using veg to bulk out his allowance of food avoid the starchy suff, e.g. potatoes, and remember that carrots have quite a high sugar content as do apples, bananas, etc. Green, leafy veg is good.

You also need to exercise your boy more BUT do it gradually. Don't decide to take him on a 5 mile hike if he is used to just pottering around the garden or strolling up the road Build up the distance that you walk, and the speed at which you walk, slowly over weeks. Do not get him running around in an effort to get the weight off as it will do more harm than good.

Resist the "I'm just a poor starving lttile dog" ploy and you will have a much happier, healthier, and longer-lived companion.

I wish you success for Winston's sake. Let us know how the weight-loss program goes
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3