Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by fayeily View Post
so would i ! my dog always comes first.
I still dont think I'd put a holiday to Australia before them though As well as Africa it's one of the places I want to go to
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Just don't get anything, like you said. Your sister IMO is being very selfish expecting you to get her baby a present. I haven't bought for anyone for years, I don't even get for the other half. It's what I call tough luck no money no can do. Your sister will get over it she'll be a little peeved for a couple of weeks and then it'll be forgotten about. If you back down and get her something your sister will do it every year. Believe me I have a sister that has no understanding of being skint as mum and dad bail her out. I stand on my own 2 feet and I'm proud of it. Say no and stand your ground.
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I still dont think I'd put a holiday to Australia before them though As well as Africa it's one of the places I want to go to
Lol I guess I'm slightly crazy
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I have a lovely plan.........there are some gorgeous Christmas baubles that have Baby's first Christmas on...they donb't cost a lot,you can get her details put on it, or even do one yourself! then it can be a special item that comes out every Xmas to remind them all of her first Xmas.....as she gets older she will be able to place it on the tree herself....
I think the Christmas bauble idea is a lovely one and should be fairly exspensive.
We only buy for the children in my family and have done for years.
I agree that if you haven't got the money then you obviously can't buy presents but maybe just a little something for Maya as it is her first Christmas. Something that can be brought out every year.

What ever you decide, I am sure everyone will be understanding. xx
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Sorry not very good at quoting and making bits BOLD etc.

It should read INEXSPENSIVE, not expensive! Sorry!
I only use my iPod and it isn't that easy!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 10:43 PM
read all through that...interesting post...lots of interesting replies
Sorry my sense of humour, it tickled me.

SLB....you have one thing to offer your niece which is priceless.....your love xxxxxxxx

Write a poem for her about your love for her, frame it and hang it in her room.....she will have that forever
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Even my dogs wont be getting anything unless I can magic some money from somewhere.
Most adults are more than understanding if you don't buy them presents - my partner and I have hardly exchanged more than a card in the last 6 years or so.

My dogs want for very little - but this "even my dogs won't be getting anything" tickles me - they are DOGS - I love mine as much as the next person - but they don't know when it is Christmas or their birthday or any other celebratory event!!!

I realise babies can't recognise Christmas - but some presents are for keeps - if you are creative, something made, a few pounds in a PO savings account that you can add to when times are better - some baby clothes for when she is a little older - a small gift voucher for mum to use in Mothercare or Boots or similar - over the years, my daughter (now in her 20's and at Uni) has developed a collection of Beannie Babies to kill for - just a few pounds each, bought when time and money allowed, through the good times and the day - one day they might be worth a few pounds - there again, maybe not - but she adores each and every one of them and is very proud of her ever growing (and still continuing to grow) collection of Beannies and other soft toys.

It's the thought that counts, but I don't hold with this - if I have to buy for the baby, I will have to buy for everyone - absolute tosh - if there's not enough to go round, the kids ALWAYS come first, and if the adults aren't mature enough to recognise that, IMO that is their problem.

The true meaning of christmas isn't about giving presents - but it is about kids, and usually families and friends.

I lost my dad very recently, and I would give ANYTHING to be able to say, sorry dad, I can't afford to buy you a present this year - WHY? because it means he would still be here - and to me, that is worth more than anything money can buy.

I find it astonishing that you can (seemingly) put your concern for being unable to buy something for the dogs for christmas above that of your new born niece
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
God help any kids you have then
Yes thats why i dont have any! or intend to have any, EVER!

The pleasure i get in letting the 5 dogs unwrap 4-5 pressies each, makes "my" xmas!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Amused that some people put dogs before children................amazed actually but pleased that other people thinks it is a bit odd as well.

Busted....what for?
Im always NOT amused that people dontput their dogs first,
but then you dont even seem to know the correct breed name for your own dog, so im not suprised you are "amused" by my dogs being the most important thing in my life Glad to make you

If you want to send your YELLOW lab/ or GOLDEN ret around here for here for xmas im sure it will have a lovely time being put first for a change & feel happier in its idenity
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2010, 07:23 AM
blimey I am amazed, amused and suprised that I am important enough that you remember or looked back at my threads .
lol lol lol you need to get a life ha ha ha

I am going back to sleep now.......................
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >