Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
The pleasure i get in letting the 5 dogs unwrap 4-5 pressies each, makes "my" xmas!!!!
And there's nothing wrong with that if you have the time and cash to do it and you recognise you are doing it for YOU as a shared experience with your dogs that they will enjoy - good luck to you

I am however slightly perplexed at someone putting their dogs before close family children - the dogs won't be thinking, gosh, mum's a meanie for not getting us a christmas present
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
read all through that...interesting post...lots of interesting replies
Sorry my sense of humour, it tickled me.

SLB....you have one thing to offer your niece which is priceless.....your love xxxxxxxx

Write a poem for her about your love for her, frame it and hang it in her room.....she will have that forever
I could write her a poem, I did get a B on my poetry coursework - but I didnt write about lovely things - the poems had to be based on the themes from novels, I chose "Rebecca" by a Daphni de Buviear (can never spell her name) and the themes in that book were death, incest, disloyalty and all the bad things - scary thought.

I could try to write her one, but in the 3 months she has been born I've seen her twice due to my sister living away from us and due to trying to get my live on track and getting mine and my OH's house sorted... and before any of you get at me for getting my life on track, yes she's my niece but at 3 months old she's hardly going to understand that I am her aunt, knowing my sister I'll probably only see her a few times a year, meaning I'll hardly know her enough to write one in the future, let alone now. But go on I know a few of you will...

Yes thats why i dont have any! or intend to have any, EVER!

The pleasure i get in letting the 5 dogs unwrap 4-5 pressies each, makes "my" xmas!!!!
Im always NOT amused that people dontput their dogs first,
but then you dont even seem to know the correct breed name for your own dog, so im not suprised you are "amused" by my dogs being the most important thing in my life Glad to make you

If you want to send your YELLOW lab/ or GOLDEN ret around here for here for xmas im sure it will have a lovely time being put first for a change & feel happier in its idenity
Originally Posted by jols View Post
blimey I am amazed, amused and suprised that I am important enough that you remember or looked back at my threads .
lol lol lol you need to get a life ha ha ha

I am going back to sleep now.......................
Right, you two, although Mishflynn I like the fact that you are on "my side" in this thread. Please stop it, you;re just biting back to Jols' childishness, making you as bad as her. And fair enough Jols, I didnt put "This is a rant, please dont reply" or anything like that, I did not expect to be talked down to, or have people being rude to me and others who have commented, I simply needed a rant and some suggestions on what I could do - in the month I have to prepare for christmas, rather than some suggestions you have made, which would only work if I was on about next christmas. And telling Mishflynn to "get a life" when you're being rather childish also, kind of defeats the whole aspect of saying it.

And to me, my dogs will always come before a 3 month old baby who I have seen only twice since the birth. I said in the original post that I saw no point in buying her something if she wouldn't be able to appreciate it then and there, sure things are for keepsakes but unless you appreciate them at the time they are given they can hardly be classed as keepsakes.

Unless there is helpful advice posted or a suggestion on what I can do instead (which many of you have helped and I thank you for it) I will not be returning to "bite back" at anyone or to defend myself against rude, ignorant people - who simply do not understand what has already been said by me and many others.

Thanks for the help
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Yes thats why i dont have any! or intend to have any, EVER! The pleasure i get in letting the 5 dogs unwrap 4-5 pressies each, makes "my" xmas!!!!
GOOD
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by swarthy View Post
And there's nothing wrong with that if you have the time and cash to do it and you recognise you are doing it for YOU as a shared experience with your dogs that they will enjoy - good luck to you

I am however slightly perplexed at someone putting their dogs before close family children - the dogs won't be thinking, gosh, mum's a meanie for not getting us a christmas present
Yep it is mean , a nieces first Christmas - sad isn't it but not surprising really on this forum. Whos the selfish one i wonder .....
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Nearly 19, out of 6th form and trying to find work is a nightmare. And yes I agree it's £2 odd for me just to get to town on the bus.
As i said, what about Christmas period work, or bar work
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by swarthy View Post
Most adults are more than understanding if you don't buy them presents - my partner and I have hardly exchanged more than a card in the last 6 years or so.

My dogs want for very little - but this "even my dogs won't be getting anything" tickles me - they are DOGS - I love mine as much as the next person - but they don't know when it is Christmas or their birthday or any other celebratory event!!!

I realise babies can't recognise Christmas - but some presents are for keeps - if you are creative, something made, a few pounds in a PO savings account that you can add to when times are better - some baby clothes for when she is a little older - a small gift voucher for mum to use in Mothercare or Boots or similar - over the years, my daughter (now in her 20's and at Uni) has developed a collection of Beannie Babies to kill for - just a few pounds each, bought when time and money allowed, through the good times and the day - one day they might be worth a few pounds - there again, maybe not - but she adores each and every one of them and is very proud of her ever growing (and still continuing to grow) collection of Beannies and other soft toys.

It's the thought that counts, but I don't hold with this - if I have to buy for the baby, I will have to buy for everyone - absolute tosh - if there's not enough to go round, the kids ALWAYS come first, and if the adults aren't mature enough to recognise that, IMO that is their problem.

The true meaning of christmas isn't about giving presents - but it is about kids, and usually families and friends.

I lost my dad very recently, and I would give ANYTHING to be able to say, sorry dad, I can't afford to buy you a present this year - WHY? because it means he would still be here - and to me, that is worth more than anything money can buy.

I find it astonishing that you can (seemingly) put your concern for being unable to buy something for the dogs for christmas above that of your new born niece
I'm not the only one then, well said
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Yep it is mean , a nieces first Christmas - sad isn't it but not surprising really on this forum. Whos the selfish one i wonder .....

Interesting....someone who thinks like me...........

And to me, my dogs will always come before a 3 month old baby

SHOCKING

don't expect everyone to agree with this statement..............
but each to their own,
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
blimey I am amazed, amused and suprised that I am important enough that you remember or looked back at my threads .
lol lol lol you need to get a life ha ha ha

I am going back to sleep now.......................
It says it at the top of every post you write

You need to get glasses & a book on your breed
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2010, 02:28 PM
it has to be said, dogsey does tend to fall into the "opinions are like *******s, everyone has got one" brigade.

you tend to get 2 types on here:

the John Gaunt/Richard Littejohn 'look at me, arent I controversial, I opinionate loud and proud, arent I big and clever' types.

and the handbagging housewives whom also want to opinionate, nay, that should be, moralise, about anyone and anything. the bored housewives' modern mary whitehouses.

neither can really make claim to originality, creativity, and contemplation. if subtlety hit them over the head with a hammer, they still wouldnt notice it.

for them, opinions are like prozac, once they stop taking them, they dont have any personality left.

beforehand, all they had was letters to the Daily Mail, Sunday church, and the back of cabs and pubs.

god, now they have the internet.

God save us all, the insufferable bores will inherit the earth.

like i always say, why would you want to put your personal affairs on the net?
you dont attract feedback, you just attract the lowest common denominator.
your life is for friends and family.
forums, when used for that manner, are just tabloids

The Brooker Maxim comes to mind again:
There’s no point debating anything online. You might as well hurl shoes in the air to knock clouds from the sky. The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering
Or you could listen to the latest Dead Weather album entitled: Sea Of Cowards.
that's about you, that is
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Ouchy!!!!!
Which camp do u fall into KW?
Page 10 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >