Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
it has to be said, dogsey does tend to fall into the "opinions are like *******s, everyone has got one" brigade.

you tend to get 2 types on here:

the John Gaunt/Richard Littejohn 'look at me, arent I controversial, I opinionate loud and proud, arent I big and clever' types.

and the handbagging housewives whom also want to opinionate, nay, that should be, moralise, about anyone and anything. the bored housewives' modern mary whitehouses.

neither can really make claim to originality, creativity, and contemplation. if subtlety hit them over the head with a hammer, they still wouldnt notice it.

for them, opinions are like prozac, once they stop taking them, they dont have any personality left.

beforehand all they had was letters to the Daily Mail, Sunday church, and the back of cabs and pubs.

god, now they have the internet.

God save us all, the insufferable bores will inherit the earth.

like i always say, why would you want to put your personal affairs on the net?
you dont attract feedback, you just attract the lowest common denominator.
your life is for friends and family.
forums, when used for that manner, are just tabloids
Have to say though, this post sounds kind of like a letter I'd read in the back of a TV mag, can't really criticize people for giving their opinion on the internet when you're doing the same
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Ouchy!!!!!
Which camp do u fall into KW?
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Have to say though, this post sounds kind of like a letter I'd read in the back of a TV mag, can't really criticize people for giving their opinion on the internet when you're doing the same
you are, of course, both correct

this is why i avoid letters in the back of TV mags.

however, i had already mulled over (that is, performed an exercise of pre-opinionating contemplation ) this dichotomy, and considered i could be labelled a hypocrite.
But i concluded that their are times in life when you have to enter the arena of your complaint, in order to enable and direct that complaint, otherwise you cannot make the complaint.....therefore, one elects temporary insanity.

besides, i wasnt criticizing people for giving their opinion on the internet
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 02:49 PM
really dont understand half those words! If only a kindly aunt had given me a dictionary id be alot better off.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2010, 02:52 PM
google comes in handy, and it doesnt grab your cheeks or wipe your face with its grubby hanky
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
really dont understand half those words! If only a kindly aunt had given me a dictionary id be alot better off.
You're funny, a really comedian
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 04:03 PM
My sister-in-law got one of my children a toy trumpet for Christmas. The following year I retaliated by giving her small son a tin drum.
We compromised on chocolate after that.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
it has to be said, dogsey does tend to fall into the "opinions are like *******s, everyone has got one" brigade.

you tend to get 2 types on here:

the John Gaunt/Richard Littejohn 'look at me, arent I controversial, I opinionate loud and proud, arent I big and clever' types.

and the handbagging housewives whom also want to opinionate, nay, that should be, moralise, about anyone and anything. the bored housewives' modern mary whitehouses.

neither can really make claim to originality, creativity, and contemplation. if subtlety hit them over the head with a hammer, they still wouldnt notice it.

for them, opinions are like prozac, once they stop taking them, they dont have any personality left.beforehand, all they had was letters to the Daily Mail, Sunday church, and the back of cabs and pubs.

god, now they have the internet.

God save us all, the insufferable bores will inherit the earth.

like i always say, why would you want to put your personal affairs on the net?
you dont attract feedback, you just attract the lowest common denominator.
your life is for friends and family.
forums, when used for that manner, are just tabloids

The Brooker Maxim comes to mind again:

Or you could listen to the latest Dead Weather album entitled: Sea Of Cowards.
that's about you, that is
love it, love it, won't forget that one (highlighted)

But i concluded that their are times in life when you have to enter the arena of your complaint, in order to enable and direct that complaint, otherwise you cannot make the complaint.....therefore, one elects temporary insanity.

You crack me up,
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
I think its called verbal diahorrea
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by borderladysue View Post
love it, love it, won't forget that one (highlighted)

You crack me up,
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 01:38 PM
KW- I'm at a loss to understand why you bother to participate in such a lowly activity as posting on this forum. You seem to have a great deal to say about almost everything and as you are one of the most opinionated people around here I would guess you are in the John Gaunt category but with superior vocabulary.
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >