View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-07-2007, 03:14 PM
This one made me laugh so i just had to reply. I very rarely take my dogs out in public places anyway, if i do i always let them have an empty in a field off the beaten track. My dogs love rolling in any thing smelly especially in badger xxxx So can anyone explain to me why badgers dont bag up there belongings before going home. It would save me a lot of baths
Regards John
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-08-2007, 06:33 PM
DEf pick it up, even where you think its off the beaten track.
These are the places i try to find, but you can always garuntee someone got there first with their dog and il end up with it on my shoe or worse on my sons buggy.
I dont see the problem with picking up its part of owning a dog, but i see a lot of people who dont.
I will admit though especially in the autumn with all the leaves, its sometimes difficult to find, especially if you have more than one dog...so guilty too, but only by accident honest!!!!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Lovely walks in the countryside with our two dogs, avoiding lots of huge mounds of horse poo and of course the usual cow pats where cows gone from fields to fields, and woops yet another mound of horse poo watch your feet dogs, ah yes a dog poo well we will do our usual, out comes the plastic bag in goes the doggie poo, now we have kept our country lanes around here clean!!! oh no another empty cola can and glass!!!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2007, 09:34 PM
So because everyone else does it, join in ((((rolls eyes))))
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
So because everyone else does it, join in
I think that, regrettably, a lot of people do think that way - not just about dog poo, but about general littering and dumping, too.

In the past, I've been on numerous camping holidays around North and West Scotland. It always seemed that we were taking away a lot more litter than we brought (and we had no dog in those days).

Snorri
Dolly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I believe if you own a dog then you should clean up after it, I cannot understand why people use a bag but then leave it there. Do they think the poo fairy will take it away? Often as not I end up cleaning up someone else's dog poo as well as our own.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-08-2007, 12:53 AM
ROFL @ thought of what the Poo Fairy looks like. Even worse, what it smells like!

Mind you, somedays I used to pick up other dogs' poo, in case people thought mine had done it!

Snorri
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I think that, regrettably, a lot of people do think that way - not just about dog poo, but about general littering and dumping, too.

In the past, I've been on numerous camping holidays around North and West Scotland. It always seemed that we were taking away a lot more litter than we brought (and we had no dog in those days).

Snorri
I have found a good way to get people to pick up their poop is to say "do you need a bag...I know im always running out" people take them and clean it up. I have never had a bad response and i hope it makes them think the next time.
Have ago, its quite an interesting experience!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
I have found a good way to get people to pick up their poop is to say "do you need a bag...I know im always running out" people take them and clean it up. I have never had a bad response and i hope it makes them think the next time.
Have ago, its quite an interesting experience!
Yes, if I see someone walking away from poo, I run over and offer a bag!!

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of people near us that walk when I don't so can't offer a bag to them.

It would help if the council put more poo bins near us. On our usual 2 mile walk there is 1 poo bin...
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
It would help if the council put more poo bins near us. On our usual 2 mile walk there is 1 poo bin...
We have that problem here there are no dog poo bins people put them in the grit bins or worse leave bagged poo in the gutter!
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 >