Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 10:13 PM

Problems at the show today

It never rains but it pours, it's definitely monsoon season here these days.
Hibernian show today - needed to leave at 8am, couldn't find my passes etc, normally they are put in my handbag as soon as they come through the letterbox and I spent 20 minutes searching without result, but went anyway although it was getting late by this time so I had to park miles away. It meant paying (extra) for the parking again as I didn't have my pass then I went into the secretary's office to see what my number was so I could write it on the back of a previous ring number. Unfortunately, a very senior figure in dogs in Ireland and Dalmatians in particular saw me and that resulted in me breaking down over Polo as she knew him well. She was very sweet to me which made things worse in a way. Anyway, I was given a brand new set of number, catalogue voucher, etc. Then I bumped into just about everyone I know in Irish showing and needed to explain as they didn't know about Polo, so by the time we went in the ring after a four hour wait I was not at my best. Deccy decided he didn't like the judge, he is entitled to his opinion of course, unfortunately so is the judge and we got the worse possible result without actually being disqualified.
I nearly fell asleep driving home.
One to put behind us, I think!!!
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh poor you, big hugs! Remember what cant kill you only makes you stronger!
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 10:57 PM
sorry youve had such an awful day, sometimes it just seems that things are never gonna get better but trust me, they will. the pain of losing polo will seem like it will never end, but that will ease eventually and deccy is probably still feeling a bit raw too which might be why he wasnt on his best behaviour today. Even monsoons let up sooner or later. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Never mind Gill *hug* - as you say, put it behind you xox
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 09:02 AM
(((((((BIG HUG)))))))
Becky
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry about your day but at least its a big hurdle out of the way & your feelings about the day probably contributed to Deccy's feelings about the judge. Remember how many friends you have & at least its behind you now, so look forward.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-05-2007, 03:10 PM
So sorry to hear you had such a terible day , try to put it behind you. BIG HUGS.