View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2012, 06:54 PM
I really just meant something quick and basic.
It is pretty average if you just eat it alone as an unbalanced meal - just needs balancing out better with protein/veg.
No need to jump on my poor use of wording!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
No meat or fish for me! proper vegetarian ha.
I have just found out they do vegetarian magazines and I bought one and they have some lovely recipes in! I am going to be making one this week-just ordered the ingredients on my internet shopping.

Jamie is not vegetarian and I cook for him and the dogs and don't often make anything special for me and just have a lot of pasta so it will make a nice change.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I don't eat meat... so that might be a bit of a nonstarter.
Not really, you could throw in whatever you wanted instead of meat. You could add extra veggies or Quorn if you eat that or whatever really. Same with a lot of recipes, you can substitute the meat for something suitable for vegetarians.
Kate Smith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
My husband is doing Atkins and I am doing a low fat diet with the help of my doctor and some medication to get rid of fat that I do consume which is very little as the results of eating fat is awful.
Now my husband has lost 8lbs in one week yest honestly one week. I have lost 2lbs.

The best way of eating for life really is the low GI diet there are many books about it and lots of ideas on the internet.

It is a more moderate diet and you have lots of choices as long as they are low GI things like whole grain, brown pasta.

Best of luck to you with your healthy eating.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Get yourself Hugh FW veg book...I am working my way through it, made Gnocchi last night..yummy!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2