View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Don't know what to do :( Friend selling Milo's sister!

I'm not sure what to do on this for the best, my OH who hates this friend anyway has told me to tell her to sort it out herself but I want to help

Milli is Milo's litter sister who my friend bought and I have to be honest she didn't get the best home. My friend's OH bought her because he wanted to breed her, he's on the run from prison and already owns a pitbull. He's the typical i'm so hard i have a pitbull/staffy person Although he was going to wait until she's two to breed her (which is better than what he could have done i suppose)

So long story cut short my friend had a house for both her dogs, boyfriend got in trouble by the police so she lost house, i looked after her for a while but then she took her back, currently at her friends house who has decided she doesn't want her there as she chews all the children's toys and has pulled the christmas tree over

So now my friend has to sell her as she can't keep her anywhere and the only place that they have at the moment for her to go is a young man who will pay £100 for her but will be trying to breed her in the next few months when she comes into heat.... she's only 5 months at the moment

I'm trying to help i've asked all my family and friends to ask around if anyone wants her, i told my friend to get her spayed then sell her but apparently no one will buy her if they can't breed from her and she doesn't want to take her to the RSPCA or an animal shelter.

So i thought i would come on here and see if anyone knew anything to help, she refuses to take her to a shelter of any kind because she wants to meet the new owners (although that could be a horrible man planning on breeding her at 6 months old )

If i could have her i would but OH won't allow it and plus she hasn't had a lot of training and i need to concentrate on Milo for the time being.

So any advice would be appreciated! x

Here's a picture of her and her with her little brother

krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I know they're not that local and imagine they have the same problem as other Staffie rescues with limited space, but perhaps try Rescue Remedies? They're a member on here, or otherwise go to www.rescueremedies.co.uk
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Well if you've had her before - why dont you have her again?
- Oh just read the bit about Milo and training.

I would report it to the RSPCA although it's not illegal (I dont think) for someone to breed their dog (bitches dont come into season til a year old though right? - never owned a bitch) at a young age it is against her welfare to do so right? Or you could put in a word "Blue staffies are very unpopular" or something like that - I honestly dont know.

My OH wants a staffie and at we have a 6 month old pup ourselves are in between homes and have a DA dog also - otherwise we would've had her - useless I know.

Unless you take her in and work on finding her a good home yourself?
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:09 PM
What an awful situation to be in n know you're concerned, but there's only so much you can do. Would your OH consider you taking her short term so you could at least try find a good rescue or breed re-home, same thoughts as slb n krlyr sorry don't know what else to say.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:10 PM
What's wrong with the breeder taking the dog ?
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Wondered about if that was possible option too, they're lovely looking dogs btw.
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I know they're not that local and imagine they have the same problem as other Staffie rescues with limited space, but perhaps try Rescue Remedies? They're a member on here, or otherwise go to www.rescueremedies.co.uk
Thank you i'll have a look on their site although i know she doesn't want her to go into rescue although i don't think she has much choice either that or sell her dog as a breeding machine

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Well if you've had her before - why dont you have her again?
- Oh just read the bit about Milo and training.

I would report it to the RSPCA although it's not illegal (I dont think) for someone to breed their dog (bitches dont come into season til a year old though right? - never owned a bitch) at a young age it is against her welfare to do so right? Or you could put in a word "Blue staffies are very unpopular" or something like that - I honestly dont know.

My OH wants a staffie and at we have a 6 month old pup ourselves are in between homes and have a DA dog also - otherwise we would've had her - useless I know.

Unless you take her in and work on finding her a good home yourself?
I thought they had their first season at 6 months? or am i making that up lol Either way as soon as she could be bred this person would do so I doubt saying blue staffies are very unpopular would work as you don't see any in Preston or i don't when i'm out and i'm sure this person knows he can make money out of her as i get at least one person asking me to buy Milo or breed from him every time i take him near town

I would take her in but my OH won't allow it, he doesn't like her

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
What an awful situation to be in n know you're concerned, but there's only so much you can do. Would your OH consider you taking her short term so you could at least try find a good rescue or breed re-home, same thoughts as slb n krlyr sorry don't know what else to say.
I would do but OH won't allow it as he doesn't like her that much because she's poo'd and wee'd on our couch and in the hallway and we had a complaint last time she was here, she also attacked Milo so we can't leave them together when i go to work in the same crate as i don't want him getting hurt again. She just needs training as her owners let her get away with everything, haven't even tried to house train her. But especially over Christmas OH wouldn't have her here as he's got 2 weeks leave and he won't spend it cleaning up after her

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
The 'breeder' still has 3 puppies he's not managed to sell, poor things haven't even had their first jab so have never been outside on a walk at 5 months

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Wondered about if that was possible option too, they're lovely looking dogs btw.
Thank you She is a beautiful dog and that's why i worry about her going to someone to be bred from and then sold again when they've made some money out of her

I really wish i could have her here but it's not really an option with OH. I tried to tell her to spay her so even if it does take longer to sell her at least she can be sure she won't be used a breeding machine but she won't
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
...grrrr this makes me maaaaddd!!!!

... could you(or a friend) 'buy' her yourself and take her to a rescue?

its not the new owner they want to meet..its the hard cash(and my foot!!!)
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:34 PM
EDIT: Just re-read some of your posts and seen you can't take her in yourself. How about asking a friend to take her on a temporary basis and then rehome her yourself?
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Take the dog yourself and then surrender it to a good rescue?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >