Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 03:27 PM

Were you fated to have your dog?

( Not sure if thats correct English )...this may have been done before sorry but ..

I know sounds a bit weird but I truly believe I get these signs when I have got my dogs!
All three dogs this has happened with but i wont bore you too much so will just tell you bout with Blue...

Well wasn't looking for a third dog thats for sure but everywhere I went I saw greyhounds...never noticed them before, to be honest didnt think they were my cup of tea at all! This ad about ex racers jumped out at me on an internet site...again wasnt looking.
Phoned them up just to see what they were all about, ...decided I wasnt really ready for a third...plus I had a cat!
Went xmas shopping and who was there but an RSPCA collector with a greyhound telling me how wonderful they are!!
Then the kennels phoned me three times....finally persuaded me to go and have a look.
They showed me four lovely dogs, who were very nice but knew they would not be right for me or the family.
Was just about to get in the car when the bloke says " well, there is Blue, but you wont like him! He barks all day and has funny eyes!"...

The moment I went into his pen he started playing and doing zoomies!! I knew he was the one!!!
They said he has never acted like that before!

Were any of you destined to have your dog despite what you may have thought before?
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I think both mine were destined to come here, Diesel was originally being kept by his breeder so, he wasnt the one we were going to have, circumstances changed for her and she offered him to us and we jumped at the chance.

Same with Amy, we were getting another boy, we had the whole boy/girl debate and because of the problems we had with Ruby it swayed us to go for a boy, the boy we were having unfortunately didnt make it so, we ended up with Amy.

They are definitely meant to be here
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I reckon we were with Monty. We'd looked around for ages for a breeder locally that bred the fawny coloured boxers but most local ones were brindle or they'd all sold by the time we called.

We also wanted a boy and most the ones we called only had girls left.

Then I thought I'd just do a general search and the first ad that came up was for a litter that was situated close to where I came from in Shropshire in a small town I used to go to a lot. So we rang and chatted with the breeder and turns out she had one little boy left so we made plans to drive the 3 hour drive that weekend and see him and hope no-one else did first.

He'd been overlooked by others because of his bald spot on his head and we're very grateful that the other 10 pups were chosen first as I still reckon we got the best dog!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I believe that every dog comes into our lives for a reason. Scout is a perfect example of that.

I wasn't looking for another dog, and a bit of a long story later I had one. Scout was 2 hours from being euthanized, no one wanted to take a chance on an untrained, 4 year old deaf mutt. well I did, and now, not quite 2 years later, she has learned 47 signs, and I use her to educate people about deaf dogs... and I have rescued 2 other deafies from uncertain fates. Because of her, I have learned the true meaning of the word "rescue", at least 2 more dogs have been saved, I have learned so much more about training, and am well on my way to being a deaf dog expert. we do demo's and dole out info wherever we can. all because of the little deaf mutt that no one wanted!!! now as I sit here snugglin' with my newest deaf pup, I am so grateful to my Scout!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes and my cats, every one of them.
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
When i went to pick out my Beagle from the Breeder we had already chosen his/her name which was JEZ so when this pup went to my wife first we chose this one, we were not bothered if it was a boy and girl and when we asked the breeders daughter who had already named them she replied Jez.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Yes. Oh yes - if you`re lucky. I`ve found that just the right dog came along at the right time - although it probably didn`t seem like it at the time.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Absolutely! He was born the day we got married ;o)

Also, were we not both made redundant we would not have found him. He's been hard work but it's all been worth it everytime I look at him!!

I'm a huge believer in ''everything happens for a reason''. I think I was made redundant so little Woody could come into our lives and change them, for the better!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 04:08 PM
my Hector was on the cards for 2yrs.

i was puppy walking so i had other responsibilities before i could have a Leonberger.

But the sad part was....i lost my mum within that 2 yrs, on the 16th May 2002. she was also the star sign Leo.

Hector was born 14th May 2004 and he's a Leo.

Mum knew how much i adored dogs and i feel this was fate.

Thank you mum xxxxxxxxxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
my Hector was on the cards for 2yrs.

i was puppy walking so i had other responsibilities before i could have a Leonberger.

But the sad part was....i lost my mum within that 2 yrs, on the 16th May 2002. she was also the star sign Leo.

Hector was born 14th May 2004 and he's a Leo.

Mum knew how much i adored dogs and i feel this was fate.

Thank you mum xxxxxxxxxx
How lovely!!

There are some great stories in this thread guys - nice one ;o)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >