Female 

04-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Good luck - everything crossed here for you
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi All,

well ti went perfectly. I took Zane over to meet up wtih Sito and his owner. We waitesd outside whilst they got ready and from 1030 til about 1130 went walked them together so they got a feel for each other on neutral territory. We all got completely soaked but the dogs had such a nice time, it was only because myself and Sito's owner were compeltely wet through and cold that we returned.

I wouldn't have gone into the house (with Zane) on a first meeting usually. i think the hour long walk was enough and a proper home visit with any dog can always be done at a later date but I was o cold and wet I wouldn't have been able to sdrive if it wasn't for the cup fo tea I was offered.

Anyway, Zane and Sito played together fantastically well - almost as though they'd always known each other. Sito is 10 1/2 years old and although it's obvious he's older than Zane in that he's not so boisterous, he's definitely just as clumsy! EVERYTHING got knocked over by Sito's tail then again with Zane's tail. I pointed out to the owner that maybe everythign shoul dbe left where it was until they'd calmed down.

They both sat nicely for trets and Sito did a few tricks. Zane tried to copy but wasn't very good at it. other than the one squabble over the buscuit that Sito dropped and Zane tried to pinch it was great. And even that wasn't a proper squabble - more of a grumble from each dog and that was that.

We played ball with them for a while - myself and Sito's owner in the house near the open patio doors and the dogs outside continuing to get soggy.

I forgott o take my camera or phoen so no piccies until next time. We're aranging tomeet up when the weather is a little better so the dogs can run together in the park. This way they can interact with each other a little more without so much involvement from us.

So, another few visits with Zane (with a couple of visits from Ellie andYiannis chucked in also) and hopefully if all goes well, very soon Sito will be coming to live with us.

Laura xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Awwww so pleased it went well. Fingers crossed everything carries on so good and he is home to liev with you...do you have a timescale in mind?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 11:37 AM
That is good news I was just thinking about you last night.

Can't wait to see some pics, how naughty of you to forget your camera...not good enough you know

Elaine xxx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I know - but it means I have to take twice a mny piccies next time!

I hope to have Sito home with us in about 2-3 weeks. This way htere's plenty of time fo rintroductions. I'd hae to rush it then find it all goes pear shaped.

Laura xx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh Laura I'm so pleased it all went so well.He sounds lovely and he will be lucky to find such a good new home with you. Well done.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 05:24 PM
What a promising start I do hope it continues to go as well, and so Sito can come home with you and live out his older years in a loving, permanent home.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 06:39 PM
So pleased it went well. Hope Sita is home with you and your gang very soon! Sure he will be! Well done you on giving him a home.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3