Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2004, 04:57 PM

britneys pet shop pup

i hear britney spears has brought a maltease puppy from a pet shop in america?

this evil trade will never stop if celebs keep doing this.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2004, 05:29 PM
I don't get this pet store thing. The pet shops in Denmark only sells supplies for pets like toys, food and other things.
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

29-06-2004, 06:55 PM
I wish they would ban selling puppies and kittens over here.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2004, 05:49 AM
I think the majority of pure breeds in the states come from pet shops

I didn't hear that about Britney Spears, but I did see a show where they featured her two protection trained gsd's.
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Well she has been doing a lot of stupid things lately, why not just add to the list. I can't believe she would purchase a puppy from a pet shop. Doesn't she know that she is a role model for young kids.
moo
Dogsey Senior

30-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Are pet shops in America as bad as the ones in the UK?
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Probably. We saw an add in the paper on Sunday that the local pet shop had Cane Corso pups. My OH and I jumped in the car and went over there to find out who they came out of. The only info we received was that they were imported from Australia and that they could not be touched because they had a parasite. Should be fine by Tueday if we wanted to come back. I asked him if he knew that CC's were a very dominant breed and needed to go to people who were experienced with dominant breeds. He told me that they would go to whomever purchased them. I was fuming by this time. They were in cramped little cages two dogs per cage. Even at 8 weeks, CC's are big and they were stepping in thier mess and stepping on each other. The cages were three tier high and in one cage a malamute was moving around and almost knocked the whole thing over.

Anyway, before I just go on without being able to stop myself, I will just end with yes, it's appalling!!!!
Bon
Almost a Veteran

30-06-2004, 11:04 AM
I don't know about the U.S. but in Canada some of them are very bad. We have one guy here who sells very sick pups, almost got closed down but he manages to stay in business and keep selling puppies.
Bon
Almost a Veteran

30-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Alohacorso that is heartbreaking. Most of those pups will most likley end up in a shelter or pound when the people find out how stubborn and strong willed these dogs are. Poor things, I could just cry. :smt010
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Bon, believe me that's how I felt too. I wanted to just grab the poor babies and make a run for it. I stood there forever looking at them through the glass and just shaking with anger!! I hate pet shops!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >