View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 11:38 AM

Finally, I can tell you all about our new home!

Back in March we sold our house. It was a cash buyer who wanted to be in within 6 weeks. After 4 months of her dragging her heels, one thing after another, we got to Thursday of last week, all ready to exchange, and she decides she wants another £20k off
She had us over a barrel really, we had to relent and meet her halfway. Sadly, we couldn't get anything off the smallholding we were buying, but that's all behind us now, we exchanged contracts this morning and are moving in on Thursday 9th August
Here are some photos of our new home, hopefully you will understand why I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, and just had to have all that space for my darling Henry to enjoy

[

[

smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 11:40 AM
WoW, congratulations, looks fab.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Wow, lucky you with all that space! I dream of having land like that one day. Would make life so much easier with the dogs.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
WoW, congratulations, looks fab.
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Wow, lucky you with all that space! I dream of having land like that one day. Would make life so much easier with the dogs.
Thanks ladies, the bungalow needs some work on it, but we bought it for the land and the location...just 12 miles from the coast, but right in the country so we have the best of both worlds
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 11:57 AM
You MUST be getting more dogs with all that space surely it would be a travesty not to!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm so happy for you Sheree, now you have just what you wanted, just like I have! Wouldn't do it again in a hurry though would you??!!! Absolutely fab, all that land with it too. Are you gonna get rid of the liveries on it then or let them stay? Oh don't tell me you've got horses now??!! More hard work if you have!

Now the fun starts, I bet you're in for what I'm going through with a new kitchen, bathroom and whatever else takes their fancy. Take your time like we are, you have all the time in the world now to decide what to do inside to make you both happy and comfortable.

So, so pleased it's all going to happen for you now, but what a nightmare, same as I had with our supposed cash purchase which she didn't want to let go of!!! Good luck with all the moving, hope it's all straightforward. You lucky girl!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Beautiful. You have waited so long and given up so much in the meantime including your beautiful dogs you had to rehome. If anyone deserves a turnaround of luck you certainly do.

Wishing you all many happy years.

I keep telling myself one day.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
You MUST be getting more dogs with all that space surely it would be a travesty not to!
LOL..it could be on the cards
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm so happy for you Sheree, now you have just what you wanted, just like I have! Wouldn't do it again in a hurry though would you??!!! Absolutely fab, all that land with it too. Are you gonna get rid of the liveries on it then or let them stay? Oh don't tell me you've got horses now??!! More hard work if you have!

Now the fun starts, I bet you're in for what I'm going through with a new kitchen, bathroom and whatever else takes their fancy. Take your time like we are, you have all the time in the world now to decide what to do inside to make you both happy and comfortable.

So, so pleased it's all going to happen for you now, but what a nightmare, same as I had with our supposed cash purchase which she didn't want to let go of!!! Good luck with all the moving, hope it's all straightforward. You lucky girl!
Thanks H We did have a lot of plans but had to give up on some of them as we had to let our buyer off £10k it has meant we can't do some of them straight away. but a new bathroom and kitchen are top of the agenda

We can't wait to get in there, it is pretty cluttered with the sellers stuff so we will have to wait until we've actually moved in to see where we start first.

The ponies belong to someone in the village who is also up for sale, they had hoped to buy our bungalow but hadn't sold in time. I said they could stay for a while but the solicitors were insistant that we had to have vacant possession, so they have been given notice to move them on.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Beautiful. You have waited so long and given up so much in the meantime including your beautiful dogs you had to rehome. If anyone deserves a turnaround of luck you certainly do.

Wishing you all many happy years.

I keep telling myself one day.
Thanks so much Lynn

Your time will come I'm sure xxx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Congratulations!!! House buying and selling really is the most stressful time and you're through the worst of it now

A mix of coast and country is fantastic. Once you get in, you'll never want to move again. Wish mine had your land though. Although I have a decent sized garden, that paddock is to die for

Good luck with the move x
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >