Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Poor Poppy
I'm sure she will soon feel better now that she has the antibiotics and pain killers, hope so
Yea she seems to have perked up a bit, just had a gentle walk on the lead.

Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Glad to see that Poppy has been checked and is on antibiotics and painkillers to help her through this. Re the stitching as I understand it if a wound isn't stitched within so many hours of the wound happening then it can risk infection if they do stitch it, where-as if they leave the wound open then the infection can drain out if needed (does that make sense?)
Hopefully now shes on the antibiotics she will be feeling a bit better when they kick in.

Yea that's what the vet said, I'm sure she will thanks a lot Kelz

Kelz
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Oh bless her Elaine. Glad you got her seen to and she has some meds now. Gentle wags and licks from Cassie to Poppy and hugs from me to you. xxxxx
Awwww thanks Cassie, Poppy sends licks back
Thanks hun xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Glad to hear poppy is ok. It must be frightening Ollie can be re-active to some dogs especially staffies and he has never been attacked by one. He did have a run in with a white boxer yesterday because it got too near to Gorden but we and the boxers owner watched and let them sort it out it was all air snapping but goodness knows how I would of felt if it had turned into them biting each other. I do actually I would of felt like you sick to the stomach.
The ab's should work soon and she should be feeling better by tomorrow hopefully. Hope you are feeling better to today.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Glad to hear poppy is ok. It must be frightening Ollie can be re-active to some dogs especially staffies and he has never been attacked by one. He did have a run in with a white boxer yesterday because it got too near to Gorden but we and the boxers owner watched and let them sort it out it was all air snapping but goodness knows how I would of felt if it had turned into them biting each other. I do actually I would of felt like you sick to the stomach.
The ab's should work soon and she should be feeling better by tomorrow hopefully. Hope you are feeling better to today.

Thanks Lynn, yea feeling better today. You all have been so kind, checking in on her.
she is fast asleep on her bed, been for a little walk on lead, only round the block. It's poor Ben, he must feel left out. when chris came home, he said hello to Ben, as usual, and went to Poppy, who was in her bed, bent down to stroke her head...and this is the God's honest truth, she lifted up her back leg and pointed it at him, as if to say, look at my sore leg Dad. Well I nearly wet myself
Elaine xxxx
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Aaaawww Poppy

Sending you lots of Healing ((((hugs)))) and kisses

and a big ((((Hug)))) for your mummy too

Skye says make the most of all the sympathy you'll get extra treats and cuddles

Jann
XXX
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Aaaawww Poppy

Sending you lots of Healing ((((hugs)))) and kisses

and a big ((((Hug)))) for your mummy too

Skye says make the most of all the sympathy you'll get extra treats and cuddles

Jann
XXX
Oh tell me about it, she just had the last of the roast lamb joint
Elaine xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Thanks Lynn, yea feeling better today. You all have been so kind, checking in on her.
she is fast asleep on her bed, been for a little walk on lead, only round the block. It's poor Ben, he must feel left out. when chris came home, he said hello to Ben, as usual, and went to Poppy, who was in her bed, bent down to stroke her head...and this is the God's honest truth, she lifted up her back leg and pointed it at him, as if to say, look at my sore leg Dad. Well I nearly wet myself
Elaine xxxx
LOL at Poppy. She must have been taking lessons from Cassie. She does the holding the leg out thing when she's had blood taken. Came to the door one night as I was coming in like it was broken
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Gentle healing hugs x
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Glad the Vet didn't find anything too serious. She should be right and well soon now, with the ABs. Lots of tlc from you and she'll be racing around, hopefully forgetting all about the attack. I bet you are so relieved. Healing vibes sent to the precious girl
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Pads can be the very devil to heal. Hope she recovers soon.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Gentle healing hugs x
Poppy says "woof"
Elaine xxxx

Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Glad the Vet didn't find anything too serious. She should be right and well soon now, with the ABs. Lots of tlc from you and she'll be racing around, hopefully forgetting all about the attack. I bet you are so relieved. Healing vibes sent to the precious girl
Oh I am, and she takes her meds nicely too, which helps
Thanks hun
Elaine xxxx

Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Pads can be the very devil to heal. Hope she recovers soon.
Can they? I didn't know that Oh well at least she can stay in today, it's horrid out there at the moment. She will be back to see Bruce (vet) on Monday so hopefully that will be the end of it.
Elaine xxxxx
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >