View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Cataracts is a concern in the Staffordshire Terrier and some well known champs have been proven to be carriers

How do you trace an unregistered dog who may also be a carrier?
CBT
Dogsey Senior

29-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I am very sorry to see this has been moved into the heated debates - It began as an advert for a member who has a litter due, and then all of a sudden it becomes a debate about non KC and KC staffies???
There seems to be a lot of debate about staffies at the moment.
This started as an advert, why does it have to be turned into something else?
The OP didnt ask for advice, help, or constructive critisism, or for her advert to be used as a platform to preach about the glories of kennel club registration or reponsible breeding, if she wanted help, advice or constructive critisism I am sure she would have asked for it?
Its offputting to say the least, I was considering placing an advert on here for a forthcoming litter of pups but I certainly wont be bothering if this is the kind of reception thats offered
CBT
Dogsey Senior

29-01-2005, 07:42 PM
ooops just realise jenny has allready covered this, sorry jenny, I dint read your post right throught, I have to say I agree with you 100%
staffysmum
Dogsey Junior

29-01-2005, 10:08 PM
thankyou to all who have supported me i dident even no this had been moved and i am afraid to say it has upset me to think theres people like some on here thanks again for your backing
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Doesnt everyone breed to BETTER the breed?

So why are people not registering their dogs then?
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Sadly not Lel
jayne
Dogsey Senior

30-01-2005, 12:10 AM
when i asked about price ov pups it was in no way criticizing....i was just curious to see difference in kc and not kc pups...
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Firstly the single common denominator between the people here breeding KC or non KC reg'd Stafford puppies (or any other breed...) is the love of the breed
Well you would hope so

Secondly if we all love the breed so much and are willing to take off the rose tinted glasses and agree about the numbers of dogs, KC and non KC, being rehomed through council run or welfare kennels we should be willing to take on, as individuals, responsibility for the breed as a whole

Last but not least... I do not doubt for one second the people here are genuine and love their dogs and would love all their puppies to end up in loving homes and fulfill a long and happy life... but in reality common sense says thats cannot be the case

So give the breed you love sooo much a break make a stand as sensible Stafford owners, simply do not breed
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 11:47 AM
[quote=So give the breed you love sooo much a break[/quote]

Can i just say i sort of agree the world is starting to see quite alot of staffords. (Which is good) But if u breed a litter of puppies(eg,7) there is a 15% chance of 2 puppies been used for dog fighting or puppy farming. :smt022 :smt089
Next time you consider breeding just think about that 15%...........
PLEASE
CBT
Dogsey Senior

30-01-2005, 01:03 PM

so would I be right in thinking that a few people here are advocating stopping breeding staffords?
Who should be stoppd from breeding? everyone? a select few?
How long should they be stopped for?
I think if you are going to suggest to people to stop breeding then this should be put up as a separate thread and the lady who originally posted can then perhaps advertise her pups in peace
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »