View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't think that is a sweeping statement really, just talking about the ones that wont walk their dogs or let them indulge in doggy activities
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Just seen this on another site on a post by Victoria Stillwell

http://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot.co.uk/

Apparently it gives show people a bad name. Quite a sweeping statement from her.

Edit heres what she said for those who dont have another site

Please read this - 'Far Too Precious to Take Out on Walks.' This is why I have such issues with some people in the dog show world. It's all about them and not about their dogs. Not all breeders/showers are like this I know, but the people that are, give others in the show world a bad name. Makes my blood boil
id say fair point,she doesnt say its all of them.....

but its the same in any discipline.. theres good peeps and bad
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 03:26 PM
It really doesn't help though that it is comments from the winner of Crufts that has made the statements that have prompted the remarks
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-03-2012, 03:45 PM
shameful but i have a gut feeling it is made up, surely she must know this is going to give her negative press.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-03-2012, 04:02 PM
its crufts, its beauty pageant mentality.

its just fits the model of what people like me have associating with that whole scene for decades, it would be a surprise to me if i heard that this sort of thing doesnt happen.

lets face it, show dog people arent exactly cross representative of society.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Its a strange life for a dog ..
But they know nothing else from puppyhood i suppose..
Lets hope she keeps up their lifestyle once the dogs have stopped being showed..
well considering its showing they has produced this awful lifestyle, one hopes retirement from showing should be a benefit.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Well ifthe article is true , and that's how she keeps her dogs, in the big scheme of things it's not the end of the world in canine health issues is it,

The dog looked healthy and happt in the ring , she must have been In good condition for frank cane to have placed her best in show.

We may not agree with the way she lives, but she is not mistreated, neglected, starved or abused, Now that is shameful.

7 is to old for a dog to have her first litter, in my opinion, but it's not against the kc rules, and if her owners think she is healthy enough then it's up to them if she does or does not have a litter.

Not allowing a dog to get dirty is not the way I would keep one, but it's not The worse thing that can happen to it either.

I will take the article witha pinch of salt , it may be true or it may be exaggerated,

Who knows, now she is no longer showing, she may have a brill time doing all those doggy things she may have missed out on , or she may be one of those dogs that hates mud and dirt and demand to be keep in the luxury she is accustomed to.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Sadly - there are many many dogs who are never walked. Not because they are `too precious` but because their owners are too idle, ignorant or mean.
And many more who `get a nice walk at the weekend`.
And thousands whose idea of a walk is a march to the shops and back.
Very sad.
What pleasure all those owners are missing.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 04:20 PM
The dog has all her physical needs met, no one can argue with that. I'm sure her owner loves her too but that doesn't negate the fact that she's not providing something that is a basic requirement of dog ownership - proper exercise and mental stimulation.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Sadly - there are many many dogs who are never walked. Not because they are `too precious` but because their owners are too idle, ignorant or mean.
And many more who `get a nice walk at the weekend`.
And thousands whose idea of a walk is a march to the shops and back.
Very sad.
What pleasure all those owners are missing.
And none of then have anything to do with the show world.
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »