Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I would worry about selling a pup to some one that I would have to PAY to ensure the dog neautered or what ever!
..... lol its like a 'goodwill gesture' dont see ur problem... u still seem to think all people are honest..sometimes a little incentive keeps em on the straight and narrow.

..... look at that part of the price as not yours to start with.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I had not even considered it as an option - but I do think it would be a good idea.

Looking at the price of a BC pup - it would probably not be £250 - maybe £100 would make more sense.
I just cant get my head around the fact that people want breeders to give money back to owners, almost pay them to have a pup, rewarding them for being responsible owners.
If some one needs money back as a bribe to make sure what is asked is done, then im sorry their the wrong type of owners.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
..... lol its like a 'goodwill gesture' dont see ur problem... u still seem to think all people are honest..sometimes a little incentive keeps em on the straight and narrow.

..... look at that part of the price as not yours to start with.
I know not everyone is honest believe me, nothing like dis honest people in the breeding world! ... Decent owners dont need incentives.
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:35 PM
and the fact you have such a problem with the money being 'put aside'.... seems you do want to make a profit
PLEASE tell me WHERE my profit is coming from? because I would LOVE to know?

On another forum - we were asked to do a breakdown of all costs for having a litter - the total cost for my litter was £4,314 - the total sales of the puppies came to £3,300 (if you include the one I kept - £3,850) - that's a NET LOSS of £464 for a straightforward litter with no C-section - and doesn't account for any time I am not working - being self employed - no work = no pay.

If you can make a profit out of that - then clearly I did my Masters Degree for nothing

My business very heavily subsidises my dogs, my show and gundog training hobbies and the rare litter I breed when I want to continue my lines.

Add to this, the bitch I bought in but unfortunately couldn't breed from - around £2K down the drain - but still an adorable pet - and the dog I had to rehome - around another £2K.

There are SO many variables involved in producing a litter - it is frightening - you can invest everything up to and including the stud fee and STILL have no pups, and potentially no bitch either.

Anyone who believes that, for many breeds, there is profit to be made - and thinks they could run these 'wonderful schemes' is looking at it through rose tinted spectacles, charging too much for their pups, or cutting corners in some way.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I just cant get my head around the fact that people want breeders to give money back to owners, almost pay them to have a pup, rewarding them for being responsible owners.
If some one needs money back as a bribe to make sure what is asked is done, then im sorry their the wrong type of owners.
lol its not a bribe ...... its positive reinforcement

.... i do think the amount should be worked out from the particular breeds standard price.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Its not the people though - its the breeders, and yes - it is rewarding for being a responsible dog owner - and guaranteeing that the dogs you have brought into the world will not be producing more pups without your knowledge.

I would willing pay for that guarantee.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:39 PM
lol its not a bribe ...... its positive reinforcement

.... i do think the amount should be worked out from the particular breeds standard price.

Its a bribe.. You do this and I will give you this.... You dont do this and you wont get this...

I would hope I trusted the new owners that much that no bribe, reinforcemet or what ever you wanted to call it would be needed.

I think I would be abit worried about any breeder that felt they needed to bribe, reward or what ever their pups new owners to ensure something was done - just shows lack of trust.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by swarthy View Post
PLEASE tell me WHERE my profit is coming from? because I would LOVE to know?

On another forum - we were asked to do a breakdown of all costs for having a litter - the total cost for my litter was £4,314 - the total sales of the puppies came to £3,300 (if you include the one I kept - £3,850) - that's a NET LOSS of £464 for a straightforward litter with no C-section - and doesn't account for any time I am not working - being self employed - no work = no pay.

If you can make a profit out of that - then clearly I did my Masters Degree for nothing

My business very heavily subsidises my dogs, my hobby and the rare litter I breed when I want to continue my lines.

Add to this, the bitch I bought in but unfortunately couldn't breed from - around £2K down the drain - but still an adorable pet - and the dog I had to rehome - around another £2K.

There are SO many variables involved in producing a litter - it is frightening - you can invest everything up to and including the stud fee and STILL have no pups, and potentially no bitch either.

Anyone who believes that, for most breeds, there is profit to be made - and thinks they could run these 'wonderful schemes' is looking at it through rose tinted spectacles, charging too much for their pups, or cutting corners in some way.
.... thing is...u dont make a profit anyway so whats the prob?

at the end of the day its something you choose to do,you choose to spend and loose money from,

...im just saying that sort of contract would make me sleep easier than 'endorsements'.... in my job you see alot of these so called 'endorsed' dogs being bred from...id rather they wasnt
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Do the owners openly tell you they are endorsed??
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Its a bribe.. You do this and I will give you this.... You dont do this and you wont get this...

I would hope I trusted the new owners that much that no bribe, reinforcemet or what ever you wanted to call it would be needed.

I think I would be abit worried about any breeder that felt they needed to bribe, reward or what ever their pups new owners to ensure something was done - just shows lack of trust.
trust vesus responsibility to the dogs youve bred ....

so you dont train using positive reinforcement? works far better than adversives in the majority of cases.
Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »