Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
Think that people who answer dogs have never had the joy of owning children.

Nothing even comes close to the love you have for your children.
At one time we would chosen children but after trying for sooooo long, we got used to not having children. We had one dog, Jack, all the time we were trying and then when he died, we waited a year and then brought home our two greyhounds last May. I'm 41 and have now changed to preferring dogs instead. If a miracle happened and we did manage to have children, then we'd be over the moon, but the dogs are our life for now.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
At one time we would chosen children but after trying for sooooo long, we got used to not having children. We had one dog, Jack, all the time we were trying and then when he died, we waited a year and then brought home our two greyhounds last May. I'm 41 and have now changed to preferring dogs instead. If a miracle happened and we did manage to have children, then we'd be over the moon, but the dogs are our life for now.
Hon, sure understand that one and really anyone, it's a choice. I'll tell you dogs always seem to give you unconditional love
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I didn't choose dogs over children but I do have dogs and no kids.

There was a time when neither fitted in with the life I wanted to lead - working and playing hard - and I didn't miss having dogs or kids. However, as my circumstances changed, I missed having a dog, but I never ever got broody for a child.

Its not that I don't like children - quite the opposite, I love playing with my nieces and nephews when I see them, but I'm also equally pleased to hand them back.
Same here... we've managed to acquire (!) 22 animals, but no children, and we've been together 12 years.

I've probably got enough 'biological clock' time left to have kids if we want to, but our circumstances are that, at the moment, kids are an impossibility.

Don't get me wrong, I like children, am good with babies (feeding, nappies, the works!), but get much more broody over animals than human babies.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Dogs. I'm sure that makes me sound like a grumpy witch, but oh well. I like children (well, some children) but would rather have animals TBH.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Dogs, no contest. Their love is unconditional, they don't constantly demand the newest toys/clothes cos their friends have it, they don't throw tantrums in the middle of tesco, and they don't take years to toilet train, mostly. I'd not trust a child to do the work of my guide dog, if you payd me. I don't mind older kids that much, (and by older, I mean toilet trained, and able to display a shred of intelligence), as long as I can give them back of corse.

However I really, really can't stand babies of the human variety, nothing more than screaming sh** machines, and my dislike for them has only intensified as I've got older.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Dogs, no doubt about it. Can't abide kids.

Snorri
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Dogs, no contest. Their love is unconditional, they don't constantly demand the newest toys/clothes cos their friends have it, they don't throw tantrums in the middle of tesco, and they don't take years to toilet train, mostly. I'd not trust a child to do the work of my guide dog, if you payd me. I don't mind older kids that much, (and by older, I mean toilet trained, and able to display a shred of intelligence), as long as I can give them back of corse.

However I really, really can't stand babies of the human variety, nothing more than screaming sh** machines, and my dislike for them has only intensified as I've got older.
Ouch. You were a screaming sh** machine once, you know.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
That was then, this is now

Snorri
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
all of you that have said children did you always want children? ive always said for as long as i can remember that i dont want children. i dont particularly like them, and they really annoy me. having one of my own would be a nightmare i dont mind small little babies, but i also like to hand them back to the parents when they need changing or whatever.

but my dog, i love her, ive already said to the OH that if he ever made me pick between me or the dog it would be the dog. shes my life and since ive had her my life has changed so much. i suppose kids do the same thing, but id rather have a dog

No never gave it a thought when I was young, it was simply a matter of progression., you meet someone you love, get married and children then become an added bonus.

I am not a paticularly maternal person, I don't drool over babies or other people kids.... but the love one feels for ones own children will far outway any love you have for a dog.

And I love my dogs dearly, but they are NOT children, and will never compare, my kids are "my life"

Originally Posted by random View Post
I love my dogs dearly, but if I had to choose, i'd choose children, no contest. Nothing in this world compares to the love you have for your children, it's something else. Little girl next plz. :mrgreen:
Completely agree!!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
That doesn't mean I have to like the little ****s.
Page 4 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »