Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:23 PM

just had the worst hour of my life

Ripley escaped from the garden...i thought she had gone next door so knocked and he said oh thats the second one today.
went round the back and he said shes not there but his gate was open so she had prob got out- then he said oh its not the collie pup is it?
I said yes it was and then he told me she had been and gone over an hour ago and he didnt realise she was mine!!!

I searched nearby calling and calling- i live right by the towpath and just over the bridge is a main road..no sign.

All i could think of was she loves everyone so someone has taken her..she wasnt wearing a collar as she was in the house/garden when she escaped.

Then a woman stopped and told me(at this point i wanted to burst into tears)
'a woman has taken her home, she was hit by a car on the main road and the woman carried her home'

she gave me directions and i just ran until i found her street and knocked on every door- think people thought i was mad as by this point i was crying!

Anyway i found the house and she starts being really arsey about her getting out- i said to her that i just want my dog and im grateful she took her in and im not irresponsible.

she explained that she was slightly clipped by a car, yelped and limped for a few moments and then was seemingly ok.

she got ripley out of a back room (she had left her alone in there with her own dog
she came out creeping on her belly, obviously extremely frightened, saw me and literally ran into my arms.
i carried her home, she is quiet and a bit shivery but otherwise seems ok, ive checked all her limbs and body for discomfort.Ive spoke to the vets over the phone
Im going to watch her like a hawk but to be honest i think she is just in a little shock.
shes wrapped in a blanket snuggled on the sofa at the min.

I, and her are extremely lucky me thinks!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:32 PM
How awful, but I'm so glad you have her back safe and relatively sound.

Thank heaven for the lady that told you she'd been picked up.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:34 PM
You're very, very lucky indeed! You'd better check all that fencing now then to see where she got out??? We had a panel blow down many years ago which I didn't realise, let the dogs out the front, Cassie had disappeared luckily, it had only been 2 mins earlier than I had let them out, so I ran out, only to see her trotting along the pavement heading for the main dual carraigeway!!! We don't have panels now, we have that proper feather edged stuff coz I couldn't go through that again, ever, and I don't suppose you want to either! HOw lucky were you, I'm so glad you found her and she seems to be ok!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:37 PM
awww ((hugs))
they dont mean to scare us!!
fright over for both of you! pheww!!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
omg thats my worst nightmare. thats just horrible, im so glad you got her back. hope she recovers from the shock soon and that she is back to normal x
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:42 PM
i know exactly where she got out- will supervise her in the garden from now on- usually they have free run.

I think the whole thing of being out without me or sadie has terrified her- although she loves all people, her reaction today made it very clear she isnt as independant as she thought she was!!
Speaking to the neighbour- it seems the minute she was out the gate she panicked and ran off constantly looking around.

i feel so responsible for this but when its dry i always leave the door from the conservatory open so they can come in and out- i just didnt notice she had gone.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:42 PM
You poor things! What a horrible experiance. Thank goodness you have got her back home and the accident wasn't worse. x
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
awww ((hugs))
they dont mean to scare us!!
fright over for both of you! pheww!!
my scare was just an hour so i cant even begin to imagine what it was like for you and kaos- and if im honest when i was searching for her thats all that went through my head- me thinking of how long kaos was gone for
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2009, 12:44 PM
So frightening for you. I am so glad you found her and she seems to be ok. I think you are right to keep an eye on her shock can be a funny thing.

(((Hugs))) to you both. X
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh poor you and poor puppy. Thank god she's back safe and sound if not a little bruised and scared. Big hugs to you and gentle ones to Ripley xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >