Our sister sites
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 05:24 PM

URGENT!!! Foster homes needed

Can anyone help?

Dear all,

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Wiccaweys are struggling in their search for new premesis. It is very possible now that after helping 100's of dogs into new homes they themselves might be "home-less".

They are appealing for foster homes for .....

THEIR OWN DOGS - this must be heartbreaking so think long and hard - can you offer someone a possibly long-term home while they search for somewhere.

Bryn - Collie - OLDIE - as easy as it gets. Laid back, handsome and VERY old. Just wants a cosy corner and love. (( he is about 19 yrs ))

Remy - OLDIE - Irish Red and White nutcase. Will need a home where all food is kept under lock and key...

Tally - Collie - OLDIE - Will require an experienced Border Collie foster home where the head of the household will be VERY firm with her. NO CHILDREN!

Henry - Spaniel X Basset - OLDIE - just wants a retirement place. Can poo in his sleep so please bear that in mind. Very easy to look after really.

Arthur - OLDIE - A cross of some sort! Very furry fluffy little man who is no trouble at all, and has a limp.

The Pekes: All the Pekes are pretty easy to look after, except for Buster who is VERY old and is incontient (ones and twos), and Sally who has bladder stones and causes her to squeal every now and again. If you are interested in Peke-sitting, please get in contact. VAL???

Kes - Japanese Chin, 6, porky. Cheeky little Herbert who likes to hide food - is Gem's best mate.

Gem - Fuddling little 2 yr oldJRT with a sweet nature - Sarah's shadow. Although she wouldn't do anything, she's deeply suspicious of Children.

Jake - 9 yr old Fluffball German Spitz (porky and has a double chin!). Keep him fed, watered and allow him to clown about (and let him think he's the boss). He struts. Loves children, goes down slides, plays on trampolines and has been known to skateboard according to Sarah (although I've never seen it!) Knows his way around an agility course.

Bran - Busy Hyper 7 yr old Collie. Will food guard, and still has deep-seated issues from his traumatic puppyhood. He likes to give kisses - but accidentally uses his teeth - not a bite, just accidental. Best no children because of his bounciness. Needs an experienced collie owner.

Dru - Slightly less busy 7 year old collie. Loves tennis balls, flyball and goes MENTAL for agilty. Bit of a mummy's boy. Can food guard. Needs an experienced collie owner.

Buffy - 4 year old blue merle bitch. Is the boss. Needs an experienced collie owner who preferably doesn't have a top bitch.

Stanley - Dippy 12 month old big girl's blouse. Finds children highly disturbing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dogs up for homing who may not have gone to new homes before the deadline:

Ted - Black and White, 12, Collie. Fabulous dog with no hangups. A really easy dog to have around.

Grace - Red and White, 12, Collie - Slightly grumpy, but still very easy to cope with. Doesn't like being bumped, so probably best that there are no children.

Merlin - Gorgeous Lurcher boy. Don't really understand why he's still here. Best he doesn't live with cats though, just in case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will also need homes / foster homes for our cats. They do not have to be homed together.

Dib & Dab (girls)
2 White Ones (girl and boy - semi feral)
Glory - (girl)
Princess - (girl)
Smokie - (boy)

2 Lavender Pekin Chickens. Very easy to look after. Independent and quiet as long as they're fed! Eggs are delicious and they are used to eating from the same bowl as the dogs and cats!

ANY OFFERS - Please PM me and i'll pass your details on.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-08-2005, 09:26 PM
wish i could help but i have kids dogs and cats.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Would be able to cope with an oldie or a small dog! Let me know if I can be any help! Am not house proud!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 11:23 PM
have pm,ed you
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Cheers Jackie

Leo, if you want to help they are not bothered about children, at least I don't think so. If you pm me I can pass it on as they may have a dog that is suitable?

Miss Potter, if you pm me I can pass on your details hun!

Thanks all ever so much, it really means a lot
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Sorry I can't be of any help. I knew I shouldn't have read this post, I feel soo upset now.

I hope they get the help they need.

Ian
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2005, 11:35 AM
I'd take on an oldie/smallish dog but an oldie may not get too much peace with Murph....I've two boys who are very good with Murph....pm me if I can help (are you based in Kent)?
Morgandy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2005, 01:05 AM
I have 2 kennels in the garden that i dont use can be partitioned off from the rest of the garden so my dogs cant get to it. I do have neighbours though so it might need to be the quietest dogs you have but they will get attention and walked if this is any help let me know.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 10:12 AM
I think they have now found new premises
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Wiccaweys have now found a new premises & now have moved in, with the help of some volunteers they had a weekend of fixing the the place up.

The new rescue is I believe only half an hour away from the old one.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >