Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I feed Arden Grange and buy it from Berriewoods. I tend to buy four 15kg sacks at a time, and get them for £24.88 per sack with free delivery.
That's good - even cheaper than direct but I don't fall into their post code delivery area so I would imagine I would have to pay for delivery.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
That's good - even cheaper than direct but I don't fall into their post code delivery area so I would imagine I would have to pay for delivery.
The only delivery charges are to Scottish Highland postcodes??

See below ... the deal I use ...

Multi Bag Deal-Arden Grange Adult Lamb & Rice 15kg- 2 bags @ £26.13/bag, 4 @ £24.88/bag, 6 @ £24.46/ bag + FREE DELIVERY on everything you order.
FREE DELIVER ON YOUR ENTIRE ORDER TO UK MAINLAND (excluding some highland postcodes)
Moonchild
New Member!
Female 

16-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I use Burns for my 4 from Zooplus less than £40 a bag if you buy 2x 15kg bags & feeding guide 10g per kg per day so its really good value - Burns own website is great too
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
I use Burns for my 4 from Zooplus less than £40 a bag if you buy 2x 15kg bags & feeding guide 10g per kg per day so its really good value - Burns own website is great too
How do your dogs get on with Burns ? i see you have a lurcher i have a lurcher and a grey, the lurcher has trouble keeping weight on and i have heard people say that their dogs lost a lot of weight on Burns. I phoned the nutrition line and they advised Pork and Potato or Fish and Maize and said she would only need 200g a day, the food i currently feed i am feeding more or less double. It is a bit costly but i am thinking if i am feeding half the food i am now, which lasts me around 4 weeks with two dogs then the burns will last a bit longer in theory. Not sure though with what i've heard if that will pan out
Moonchild
New Member!
Female 

17-07-2011, 01:02 PM
I've got 2 lurchers of my own now (Whippet types) & both do very well on chicken & rice - 1 needs a bit more to maintain her weight 1 a bit less
I also have a foster lurcher (Saluki X) who doesn't seem to be doing well on it so will be trying something else - he was very skinny when he arrived, has put on weight but has very loose soft poohs - think Burns maybe too rich for him

Mt Springer loves it & thrives on it

Hope this helps
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
The only delivery charges are to Scottish Highland postcodes??

See below ... the deal I use ...

Multi Bag Deal-Arden Grange Adult Lamb & Rice 15kg- 2 bags @ £26.13/bag, 4 @ £24.88/bag, 6 @ £24.46/ bag + FREE DELIVERY on everything you order.
FREE DELIVER ON YOUR ENTIRE ORDER TO UK MAINLAND (excluding some highland postcodes)
I've been trying to reply to you but having problems with my computer freezing - have now discovered my keyboard needed new batteries! Duh! I'll have to have another look at that website as I pay £3.99 delivery direct to AG. Thank you.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I've been trying to reply to you but having problems with my computer freezing - have now discovered my keyboard needed new batteries! Duh! I'll have to have another look at that website as I pay £3.99 delivery direct to AG. Thank you.
No worries - hope I have saved you some money
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Just to update as I said I would - my dog seems to be enjoying Fish 4 Dogs.

Shes only been on it for a week or so, but her stools are firmer, smaller and they are practically odorless! (they didnt really smell before I didnt think, but compatitivley it seems they did!) Not noticed any difference to the skin or coat, although she might be shedding less - hard to know whether thats just coincidence but defs less hoovering!

Am going to take the plunge and buy a big bag anyway
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2011, 10:49 AM
My dog always prefers Wainwrights to Wellbeloved.
WW is only at P@H and it's about £33 for 15kg. If she likes oily biscuits how about getting her the Salmon and Potato WW and mixing a little olive oil with it. My dog downed if when i did that and her coat was incredible.
I'm leaning to barking heads now which can only be easily brought online. If you go on google shopping and but a brand of food in and get prices from low-high it will give you one of the cheapest price you can get online. That's where i find lots of food cheap and some differences are amazing
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I feed BARF,but as a back up eg when away from home,or I am a banana brain and forget to defrost,I feed mt woos on Fish4dogs.I belong to the breeder club and pay £32 inclucing delivery for a 15 kg sack.Previously on Royal Canin but feel this is a better option.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >