Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Gems
sorry foxy that was a silly thing to say..

Its okay Gems I wasn't getting at you or anything, its just like anything else I suppose, it sounds easier than it actually is. She has been a nightmare of a child, I think a lot of it is to do with her dad because he lets her boss him about and get away with murder and he just can't be firm with her at all (she is his only child ) She tells him what to do, instead of the other way round I have told him he has got to be more firm with her but he does for a short while and then lapses back into letting her tell him what they are going to do.

Why didn't I stick to animals like I always wanted to
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Why don't you just let her wear trousers? Surely she will soon moan that she is too hot, but the shorts won't be avalible!

However I'm sorry to say this but you have given into her. She is sitting down watching video's in her PJ's because she wouldn't get dressed? Surely you would rather her in trousers playing outside?

Just out fo interest why is their a school that say's skirt/dress only? Surly they would be having had words with for sexism!!! TOUSERS FOR GIRLS!!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
Too many people are scared of a giving quick smack these days. I know when i have kids i will. Its not the same as child abuse but some people still think its wrong...

I know I was smacked nearly everyday from what I remember (and I am still here ) I remember running round the settee and my mum saying everytime you run round that settee you will get an extra smack, I was bloomin scared of stopping after I had run round about 15 times

I don't think a couple of smacks on their legs (with trousers on) does any harm, I think it is the showing up that hurts them more than the smack itself
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I have a cousin and she didn't like to wear skirts etc, at the time she was about 8 so her mother give her one last chance to wear a one but no way so her mother and dad got her and dressed her in a skirt, she actually tore it off, so the next thing her mother did was get her back into a skirt and stitch the waistband together. After a few tantrums and screams of abuse she settled down and now at the age of 21++ she never wears trousers. So sometimes you have to be h**** to be kind.

Ian
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone

I told her that she had five minutes and then the tv was going off and she was getting dressed. Anyway can you believe it but the little so and so just suddenly come to me and said "I am going to get dressed now mummy" so I thought here goes she is going to start on about the trousers again But guess what she has just dressed herself in t-shirt, knee length shorts and sun hat and gone out into the garden
She said "I was only joking mummy when I said I wouldn't get dressed" That 'joke' has lasted all bloody morning and has worn very thin

Kids who'd have em
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 12:25 PM
fantastic...probably really wanted to go outside and didnt want to look like she had been throwing a paddy...pride affects us at all ages!!!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Aww she deserves a big hug now and tell her how much you love her and that shes your bestest friend!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Aww she deserves a big hug now and tell her how much you love her and that shes your bestest friend!

Yes I have told her that I am very proud of her and told her how nice she looks, and given her a hug and a kiss too Wonder what the next battle will be
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Oh Foxy!!! I had a word with your lil girl, told her not to because your so mean to me! so shes playing you up because i told her to, so there lol!!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Glad its turned out ok foxy, she cant be that bad after all! she was just trying to test you to see if you would cave in and let her have her own way!foxy-1 Daughter-0 (for now )
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >