Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:07 AM

Child Stressing me out!!!

As most of you know I have a 4 year old little girl (well I think she is a girl ) This morning with it being beautiful and warm outside I decided to bring a pair of long shorts down for her to get dressed in instead of the usual trousers that she insists she wears Well the result is as expected and she refuses to put them on and has winged and cried for about an hour (and given me a bad headache) She won't wear dresses under any circumstances and we struggled to get her into a pinafore when she had her 4th Birthday Party in February. All the other little girls in nursery have got these nice red and white check dresses on now because it is summer and still my child won't have anything on except thick tracksuit bottoms I have asked the teacher to have a word with her but to no avail, the stubborn little madam refuses to wear a dress. In September she starts at the School which the nursery is attached to and she HAS to wear a skirt or dress then so I just don't know what to do. I have tried patience, I have lost my temper with her, I've tried explaining that even boys wear shorts in the summer but she simply WON'T give up the trousers

I have told her that she can stay in her pyjamas all day then because she is not having trousers on today no matter what, I am determined I have also told her that she is not going to play in the garden unless she puts the shorts on (which are quite long shorts and reach well past her knees) and so far she is still in her pyjamas watching a video - AAAAAARRRRRRR

Advice anyone?
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Dont even let her watch a video. Unless she wears what you want her too, she has to sit on the settee with no TV, video or toys.

Any whinging gets a time out (4 minutes) in her bedroom.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:11 AM
just don't give in .................
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Dont even let her watch a video. Unless she wears what you want her too, she has to sit on the settee with no TV, video or toys.

Any whinging gets a time out (4 minutes) in her bedroom.
Good advice that should get your message across very well
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Sounds like me but finally at the age of 21 i'll wear a dress........over trousers hehehe. Might be an idea though. I'v currently got a lovely dress on over my levis. It'll get her used to wearing it and so many places sell dresses to wear over trousers.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Good advice roxy, be firm and consistant!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:28 AM
as soon as you give in she has won just dont let her do anything until she does as you say...YOU are the boss!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks everyone, I will give it a go I have tried the time out on the naughty step but she just sits there singing. Out of the 3 of them she is definitely the most difficult of all, even when the other two were small they weren't half as much trouble as this one She is just eating her dinner (still in PJ's ) and then I will give her the choice of getting dressed or video goes off. Better get those headache pills ready because there is going to be a hell of a lot of screaming

Does anybody know of any good boarding schools
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:32 AM
dont give in. but then, i have never worn a dress in my life, well, maybe when i was tiny. I think u should perhaps let her wear wot she feels comfy in. if she wants to sweat in trousers then so be it :Shock:
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:32 AM
we give in in our house
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »