Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:15 PM

Zena on our morning walk along the clifftops

These are a few pics of my regular morning walk, it's hardly ever muddy, and when the sun is shining, it's quite breathtaking up there. Hilly and hard work yes, but you don't get views like this in Norfolk!! It's all fenced off securely when you're near the edge of those sheer drops, but it wouldn't stop a ball from rolling over, so I have to be careful in places with Zena and her ball obsession, cos if that went over then so would she

Anyway, hope you enjoy my experience by looking at these pics, which is even better in the flesh of course as Jenny will soon find out when I cart her up and down these hills

and last but not least

which brings to mind.......

What is this life if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare?
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep, or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this, if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Thanks for looking and sorry but I made a right hash of this, it posted before I had finished so I had to edit to get them all one lol!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Lovely pics of Zena and good old Blighty! And is that a longhorn thrown in too?

Zena looks HUGE in that first photo! With nothing to 'scale' her with!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks Pat, yes, those are those highland cattle, sometimes they're up the top and other times they're right down the bottom (where I dare not go lol!). I had to edit to get them all on cos the darn post posted when I only had 2 pics up grrrrr!

Hope you saw them all though, it's stunning up there it really is and I start the day with this every day, how lucky am I
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Seen them all now. That familiar site of British trees permanently 'swayed' from the wind! I too have lived for many years where I have great views and NEVER got blase about them. Enjoyed them every single day anew.

Lucky Zena - great place for walking a big energetic dog. Love the one of her with the ball in her gob!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Beautiful pictures and wonderful poem which I love and need to be remind of more often in my hectic life with small children! We do a lot of awe and wonder but its usually looking down at worms, snails, and other various bug life.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Breathtaking. Zena looks like she enjoys her walks and why wouldn't she.
We never get tired of the views and lovely countryside we have on our doorstep Pat and the wildlife that goes with it.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Those are beautiful pics H. Stunning views, you are lucky living there. (Says me who lives only a few miles from the beautiful Yorkshire Dales!)
kimberleythomas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:40 PM
beautiful pics. Looks like a lovely walk. Zena looks massive such a lovely dog x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Breathtaking. Zena looks like she enjoys her walks and why wouldn't she.
We never get tired of the views and lovely countryside we have on our doorstep Pat and the wildlife that goes with it.
It's nice to read that Lynn. I know people (even here) who have a panoramic sea view and are not overlooked (obviously - out to sea!) but who keep their curtains closed most of the time so their rugs/furniture don't fade!

And so many when down in Newlyn Cornwall who had the cliffs and the beaches on their doorstep and never ever went on them and never took the 'coast road' home from anywhere - always opting for the longer but faster concrete dual carriageway through the middle.

I never go on the highway here unless I am going to the airport or to Limassol or Pafos. Why would I want to do that when I live almost on the edge of the ocean and can follow the narrower, slower coast road instead?

Having grown up in East London where there were hardly any parks, let alone rolling hills, I appreciate the fact that I can see the ocean and watch the sun rise over it and set behind the mountains every day.

There is just something about what I call 'a big sky' it's the same sky but doesn't look like it is when you have buildings all round you?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Just lovely. Lovely lovely
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >